What does main direct in 4th meen?

It just means that the main trans. is an overdrive transmission. 4th. gear is direct drive, 5th. is overdrive. In the compound you have lo-lo, lo split (underdrive), direct, and high split (overdrive).

When you're in 4th. in the main and direct in the compound, that's direct drive. That's why you don't use the compound in 5th. main, you shift from 4th. hi to 5th. hi.

5th. in the main to lo split or direct in the compound would actually be downshifting.

4th. main and hi split in the compound is almost the same ratio as 5th. main and direct in the compound, 5th. main to lo split would be a downshift.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Sweet,now just to find the rear end ratio!

that should be stamped on the rear end housing on a flat spot to the left of the the pinion when facing towards the rear. I had to scrape mine with my pocket knife, then scrape it some more before I could see it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Nice tractor. The cast radiator is something you don't see too often. I thought the B-73 and B-75 were Cummins powered?

The B73's were Cummins powered. The B75's were Mack powered by an inline engine. The B755's were Mack V8 powered.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks like someone kept the inside looking good. Maybe some 320 grit on the body and repaint with same color to get the shine back and she would be ready for anything ya wanted to do. Glad you saved another Mack.

mike

Hell no just take a buffer and rubbing compound to that baby.....It'll come back trust me.

One thing to take into concideration on the number of single axle b75 is, quite a few of them were equiped with a tag axle making them look like a tandem, I have noticed a lot them in old pictures that had tag axles installed for over the road work. I have a single axle b733, and remaints of a b79. the 733 is a cummins powered with a turbo and the b79 should have a v8 cummins engine, the v8 before the 555 and 903. I am not for sure the cid of the original engine but it is long gone. the first two years of production of the b7x's production the trucks have the smaller b61 style radiator grille also something to look for,

Morgan

15 gears...no waiting!

One thing to take into concideration on the number of single axle b75 is, quite a few of them were equiped with a tag axle making them look like a tandem, I have noticed a lot them in old pictures that had tag axles installed for over the road work. I have a single axle b733, and remaints of a b79. the 733 is a cummins powered with a turbo and the b79 should have a v8 cummins engine, the v8 before the 555 and 903. I am not for sure the cid of the original engine but it is long gone. the first two years of production of the b7x's production the trucks have the smaller b61 style radiator grille also something to look for,

Morgan

I have had trucks with the triple nickle 555, but I have never seen the older V-8. I wonder what model that was?

The engine is referred to as a 350 cummins v8, I have seen a few pictures of these but, most are not turbocharged, they were made to pull doubles on the new york thru-way, backed with a quadraplex. all 10 were made for the same company Mcbride in new york state.

Morgan

15 gears...no waiting!

My 358 Brockway has a 504 in it and I have a 555 engine in the shed.. According to the Cummins repair manual the only difference is in the crank, which adds a half inch in the stroke, and the pump. Cummins also made a V-6 of this engine at 376 cci(??) which I did not know until I bought the shop manual.

Brocky

Brocky