Rs700l

b61mack

I just bought a 74 RS700L for 450 dollars it had a 325hp V8, 5 speed a few years ago a guy put an ETAZ673A in it and ran it for a few years, the cab is shot has a 36" double eagle sleeper. it has been sitting for a few years, we pulled it to get it started, it took awile to start but it did start then the pump stuck full throttle the sutdown was working but wouldnt shut it off, had to disconnect the fuel line to shut it down, i was wandering if any of you guys had trouble with the rack sticking open on the newer bosch pumps like the ones in the old 673s, can you take a plate off spray blaster on something in there to get it unstuck! when the rack sticks open does the govenor keep the RPM from going to high or is the RPM unlimited til the engine blows! Thanks Ron

If the rack is stuck "open", the governor has no control, and neither does the shutoff control.

Does the truck have an American Bosch pump, or a Robert Bosch pump?

I've been able to unstick the rack in the American Bosch pumps by spraying Blaster on the internal links & rack and working it back & forth until it's free again.

Here's a link to that other thread about a stuck rack:

http://bigmacktrucks.invisionzone.com/inde...?showtopic=2085

Once you read all the posts in that thread, you'll have a pretty good idea of what to do.

Never tried it on a Robert Bosch pump though.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

If the rack is stuck "open", the governor has no control, and neither does the shutoff control.

Does the truck have an American Bosch pump, or a Robert Bosch pump?

I've been able to unstick the rack in the American Bosch pumps by spraying Blaster on the internal links & rack and working it back & forth until it's free again.

Here's a link to that other thread about a stuck rack:

http://bigmacktrucks.invisionzone.com/inde...?showtopic=2085

Once you read all the posts in that thread, you'll have a pretty good idea of what to do.

Never tried it on a Robert Bosch pump though.

Herb the truck has an American Bosch pump, the 300+s that i have seen had a Robert Bosch pump i dont if it has been detuned to a 285 or not, thanks for reminding me about the other posts i forgot about it, is it easyer to take the pump off to do it or just take the side cover off. Thanks Ron