V8 Into Old Metal Bonnet R609

michael57

Hi has anyone put a V8 into a old R609 where a 711 was it has a 5x4 2 stick transmission Regards Michael

I've never done that but can tell you that parts are anywhere from non-existant, to exhorbitant in cost for both the Thermodyne, and Maxidyne series V8 Mack engines. This is of course in comparison to the inline Mack engines.

Just my opinion.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've never done that but can tell you that parts are anywhere from non-existant, to exhorbitant in cost for both the Thermodyne, and Maxidyne series V8 Mack engines. This is of course in comparison to the inline Mack engines.

Just my opinion.

Rob

how do the old V-8's compare size wise (length, width, height, and weight to the E-9? were the frame rails different for ,say an 815 vs a regular B-81 with an inline motor? scott

I've got a 866 V8 in a R700 and with the turbo on the back it takes up all the space provided by the longer hood. The R 700 is a parts truck I just brought in so I don't know much about it but I could take measurments . Or even put it side by side with my 1966 R609.

Chuck

I've got a 866 V8 in a R700 and with the turbo on the back it takes up all the space provided by the longer hood. The R 700 is a parts truck I just brought in so I don't know much about it but I could take measurments . Or even put it side by side with my 1966 R609.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,what year is the R700 parts truck? I'm needing a few parts for mine and it is a 78.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Chuck what kind of shape is the interior in? Would you be interested in selling any of it? And where are you located? Thanks Block

The interior is pretty basic, no padded door panels. The headliner and dash look OK but dirty not sure about the back panel. Let me know what you need I also have other junk cabs. I'm in Hamden CT. Feel free to call. 203-641-4419

Chuck

chuck. what do you have for complete air filters down there? looking for a dry element for the G-73. i can get you measurments if you have anything. i know the top center inlet is 5" where the cab slips over it when lowered and i think where it goes to the cummins via the rubber connector line is the same. you can pm me if you have anything. thanks

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

• 1 month later...

Hi regarding early Mack V8 into an R600, it will fit, re. R615. But if you go for turbo V8 your cab to radiator length is too short. I remember an R600 Flintstone with an ENDT866 and it had a raised cab & radiator assy to accomodate the turbo. I think it may have been a factory job from Mack in Brisbane.