Finally found a cab for my 66 R model restoration. Noticed the steering column came out of the cab differently and the steering box was different on the frame. Took a look at the tag on the door and it said B61. Walked around and then saw the BCR tag under the air cleaner. Called my friend that I got it from to let him know this was a BCR. He said he knew that and when he was young he remember the B model well and then one day the company had a new R model. He never knew they kitted the B model until years later when he bought the "R".

post-198-0-25331300-1331952419_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-52421300-1331952456_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Makes you wonder if BCR's are going to suddenly start popping up everywhere. There could still be quite a few out there that folks just assume are R models.

He said he knew that and when he was young he remember the B model well and then one day the company had a new R model. He never knew they kitted the B model until years later when he bought the "R".

Sounds like a good storyline for a mystery novel.

Jim

post-198-0-64129400-1331963514_thumb.jpgMike,

i am now working on an H61T too!!!!!!!! but here is the frame for and engine for the 66 R model.

That is nice!!!!, i would like to hear that girl run. wander if the old twin turboed 864s sounds like the 865-866 single turbo. Ron

I'd love to hear that twin turbo run too! I think the FL cabover in MOONFIRE was supposed to have that motor in it,also. I have one old issue that listed both the RL & the FL for sale and showed the specs of both.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I'd love to hear that twin turbo run too! I think the FL cabover in MOONFIRE was supposed to have that motor in it,also. I have one old issue that listed both the RL & the FL for sale and showed the specs of both.

Any chance you could post that info Al? i have always been interested in that particular RL........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Any chance you could post that info Al? i have always been interested in that particular RL........................................Mark

Mark, I'll try to get to my collection.It is far back in my attic.I have so many brochures and magazines up there that haven't seen daylight since Bush Sr. was president! I do remember the ad for both,though. It was your chance to own perhaps the 2 most famous trucks in movie history! Don't know how famous the trucks were if you never read the tons of OVERDRIVE mags they were in.Then again, WHO (in this crowd) didn't read OVERDRIVE in the '70's -'80's? I myself had never seen MOONFIRE until I bought it 2 years ago :twothumbsup: The RL had an ENDT673C (built) with quadbox and the FL had the ENDT864 and triplex! Prices were like $25,000 for thr RL and $20,000 for the FL if I remember right.! :bulldog3:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Mark, I'll try to get to my collection.It is far back in my attic.I have so many brochures and magazines up there that haven't seen daylight since Bush Sr. was president! I do remember the ad for both,though. It was your chance to own perhaps the 2 most famous trucks in movie history! Don't know how famous the trucks were if you never read the tons of OVERDRIVE mags they were in.Then again, WHO (in this crowd) didn't read OVERDRIVE in the '70's -'80's? I myself had never seen MOONFIRE until I bought it 2 years ago :twothumbsup: The RL had an ENDT673C (built) with quadbox and the FL had the ENDT864 and triplex! Prices were like $25,000 for thr RL and $20,000 for the FL if I remember right.! :bulldog3:

Wow. I read Overdrive in the 70's and 80's and also bought Moonfire 2 years ago.

There were a few articles on the Moonfire trucks in the Overdrive scans I have posted. I'll check there since they are easy to access.

Jim

Al, if you find which issue let me know and I'll see if it was scanned. It will be a while before I have a chance to got through each issue.

I do remember seeing an interior shot of the FL which showed lots of black padding , even on the metal dashboard. It looked great.

• Like 1

Jim

Al, if you find which issue let me know and I'll see if it was scanned. It will be a while before I have a chance to got through each issue.

I do remember seeing an interior shot of the FL which showed lots of black padding , even on the metal dashboard. It looked great.

Jim,

Yes it did look great,I thought.Another "tasteful" option to the "Green Dash" (no pun intended). :loldude: Those were some cool pics you guys posted.My library is not as accessable as yours,at the moment! Mike Parkhurst said in one article that he chose Mack form the film,because MACK had actually given him the "time of day" when he contacted them for the rights to use their trucks in his movie! I suspect Zenon Hansen had ALOT to do with that! As he wanted to make sure that MACK was a household name! That "for sale" ad might have even been in the coveted "Jubilee Issue",Jim. I do have that one also(in the back of the attic!) :icon_bs:

About 2 years ago, there was an auction at a local brick yard, and there was a couple BCR's amoung other cool antique Macks. They were a little rusty and my dad had no way to haul one so the scrap guy bought all of them for $300 a piece, and cut them up on-site the next day. Makes me want to cry now.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

About 2 years ago, there was an auction at a local brick yard, and there was a couple BCR's amoung other cool antique Macks. They were a little rusty and my dad had no way to haul one so the scrap guy bought all of them for $300 a piece, and cut them up on-site the next day. Makes me want to cry now.

Ben

I hear ya,Ben. Unfortunatley,we just can't save them all! I think of the time there was a EH fuel truck in a gravel pit by my house when I was a kid.It was on its side already,so we took every MACK emblem off of it.Good thing.The next week it was cut up! I missed the 3 dumpsters of parts,manuals, and general trucking memoriabilia that was thrown out by the 1st owner of my BCR,and that makes me cry,Ben. in the words of Slick Willie,"I feel your pain" :thumbsdown: Al

About 2 years ago, there was an auction at a local brick yard, and there was a couple BCR's amoung other cool antique Macks. They were a little rusty and my dad had no way to haul one so the scrap guy bought all of them for $300 a piece, and cut them up on-site the next day. Makes me want to cry now. Dang that's horrible and it makes me wanna cry too Ben. Were there any u models?

Ben

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Finally found a cab for my 66 R model restoration. Noticed the steering column came out of the cab differently and the steering box was different on the frame. Took a look at the tag on the door and it said B61. Walked around and then saw the BCR tag under the air cleaner. Called my friend that I got it from to let him know this was a BCR. He said he knew that and when he was young he remember the B model well and then one day the company had a new R model. He never knew they kitted the B model until years later when he bought the "R".

Dan, I see that they mounted the oil filter on the left outside & the emblem on the right side.Different than the rest of 'em.But at least they put it somewhere on the truck! Interesting! Thanks for including the pictures and story. Al