Rob, this is just in the past 3-4 years or so! He had not been forced out due to O'Hare expansion,but more by politicians wanting established large property/low tax rate businesses "out of there" so that higher tax paying hotels,etc. could be built.He was not heavily compensated for his land.What he recieved for it most likely went to the lawyers.He just wanted to stay there.When they told him of their plan of revelopment,he said "fine,I'll redevelop the property to your specifications".They said,"No we already have a developer in mind". :icon_bs: To this day nothing bigger than a self-serve gas station sits on the property that once housed one of the biggest contruction material hauling fleets,Chicago will ever have had, at it's service! DAMN SHAME!!!!

Sounds like the typical Chicago politics that also gave us PBO.

I was on 231. Went all the way to Lafayetter and picked up 26.

Rob

I don't think these trucks are visible from the road, if they are still there at all. I was around behind the building because I was there to get my trailer washed out. If you could search phone listings for food grade tank washes in Lafayette, that may be the best way to locate.

Gregg

The very same one, David! Someday his " teflon" suit,too will wear out!

Just noticed "Screwy Louie" Farrakhan was running his mouth in overdrive again. Can't believe he, Bill Ayers, and PBO all live in the same neighborhood and don't really know each other. What did the people of Chicago do to get rewarded like this?

Chicago is odd.. The city is 80% Democrats... then you go out to the burbs and most are Republicans... Chicago is what makes or brakes the vote for the whole state. then again I never understood how the Mob ruled Chicago if it was filled with those Dems trying to share everyones earnings. The Mob seam like true Republicans. Think about it..the Mob always wanted to keep the things that they "earned" shared just with the close family. Messed up town I live in!

57 BCR I've been interested in the BCRs since I seen yours in the Bulldog magazine. Did Mack switch to the new style R cabs with the new dash on the BCRs in 1973 like they did with the R models? I really like the B75CR700 alot. do you have any interior and under hood pics of your BCR?

Thanks,

Josh

57 BCR I've been interested in the BCRs since I seen yours in the Bulldog magazine. Did Mack switch to the new style R cabs with the new dash on the BCRs in 1973 like they did with the R models? I really like the B75CR700 alot. do you have any interior and under hood pics of your BCR?

Thanks,

Josh

You ought to see it in person that BCR is realily nice, he has a little short trailer he pulls behind it. Ron

You ought to see it in person that BCR is realily nice, he has a little short trailer he pulls behind it. Ron

I'll second that one.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks,

Josh

Josh, I have never seen a BCR using the newer '73 cab.Not saying anyone wouldn't or didn't re-cab one.As far as I know,Mack sold the BCR kit from '68-'74 according to the museum.I do have a page out of the Oct. '74 issue of Fleet Owner that listed all of the Mack glider kits available,and the BCR kit was listed in there,yet.If you look in my gallery pictures there is a shot of the interior in there.I haven't taken any pics of the engine room.The only part I left alone,for now.I'll see if I can dig up some more pics and list them on my gallery! Thanks guys,for your comments! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

You would have to do like mack did build all of the brakets to make it work.The steering box would have to be mounted at the rear.But with some fab work it would work cause both have the wide frame at the front.The rad would have to be used from a B model.I have seen a B model installed on a freight liner frame but the rad and its support was altered to go down inside of the narrow frame.And the steer box was used on the out side.I have always wanted to do a B 75 that way.

glenn akers

Did new cab mounts (from the frame) come with the kit? What I am really wondering is, will a B model cab mount on an early R frame?

Yes,the front cab mounts came with the kit. That's funny you're thinking of putting a B cab on an R frame.The partsman at our local Mack dealer,had no knowledge of the B C R when I went in to tell him what I needed for parts.He said"boy I would think more people would want to turn an R model into a B,not the other way around!" I thought that was pretty good! Anything can be accomplished with a little T L C- Torch,Level,& a Come-along! ,Seriuosly,have fun :twothumbsup:
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Yes,the front cab mounts came with the kit. That's funny you're thinking of putting a B cab on an R frame.The partsman at our local Mack dealer,had no knowledge of the B C R when I went in to tell him what I needed for parts.He said"boy I would think more people would want to turn an R model into a B,not the other way around!" I thought that was pretty good! Anything can be accomplished with a little T L C- Torch,Level,& a Come-along! ,Seriuosly,have fun :twothumbsup:

You forgot the sledgehammer in that list of needed tools.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Anything can be accomplished with a little T L C- Torch,Level,& a Come-along! ,Seriuosly,have fun :twothumbsup:

TLC = Torch,Level, & Come-along - I thank you for this additional acronym I can add to my repertoire!

(did you notice the five dollar words I used!)

TLC = Torch,Level, & Come-along - I thank you for this additional acronym I can add to my repertoire!

(did you notice the five dollar words I used!)

I may not have done well in school, but you can always dazzle someone on the internet!!! :loldude: Yes, I did notice your use of high-dollar words, and I commend you for that! The T L C acronym(change) came about as we were looking at a rusted,twisted hunk of a truck one morning(that was for sale),and the owner said it just needed a little T L C! That was all I could come up with at the time,but it fit!

You forgot the sledgehammer in that list of needed tools.

Rob

Yes I did Rob.But it didn't fit in with T L C! For your sake,we could say,"that truck could use a little T L C S", right? :loldude:

It's a given so naturally not included. Something like: "Needs a generous amount of TLC's" would work as we all know a sledgehammer is to be used lightly, (hence the subscript).

Rob

It's a given so naturally not included. Something like: "Needs a generous amount of TLC's" would work as we all know a sledgehammer is to be used lightly, (hence the subscript).

Rob

Why Not? :loldude: Hey,was just looking at pics of the one out in Nv.Looks pretty cool! Doesn't look all hacked up from here.Hope it is as nice as the pics! :clock_logo:

Anyone who receives Wheels of Time be sure to check out the 64 BCR for sale in South Carolina for 2500.00 in the latest issue

Looks complete from here! Thats not a bad price either!

Did you guys make it home,ok,Al?

Oh yeah,Mike.Thanks.I trust you and Wendy did the same.Good seeing you two, as always! We got held up in Walcott for a couple hours.Went in the museum.Was a couple of years since I was in there.WOW! 3 times the space now! Was still kind of empty,but will be full soon I'm sure! Had to get the buffett and then go shopping,you know! :twothumbsup: