Mack A-54 Help

I have heard the A used a smaller version of the transmissions and the 237 requires a change to the full size. I like my little duplex and really want to keep it in there. I found an E series on Ebay one time with a White flathead motor in it. He had made a driver for himself and his wife. Had aluminum buds, aluminum air tanks, and even had jammed air conditioning in it. He sent me some pictures of it. It was a spectacular job making a truck to enjoy.

I know its been done for a # of years as every show I go and its at I torture the owner with questions and picture taking. He is a nice guy and an Engineer but did most if not all the work himself.There was another A-51 with the 510 Diesel at Macungie a few years ago. It was the first 510 Diesel I ever heard. I think Mike Yarnall has one being rebuilt or is rebuilt already it will be nice to see and hear. Joe D.

I have 3 A models. A 405A fire truck with a 377 gas. An A30 with American Fire body with a flat head gas. It needs a water pump. And an A20 cab and chassis that is terribly rusted and doesn't run. The truck I was getting worked on is an LFT with a 672 Lanova. It is finally running. It can be seen on the Mack Day video. Jim Widman is a big A model fan. He has quite a few. Mike

An acquaintance in MD just finished putting a Cummins 6.9 in an E model which is the same cab as the A models. Very nice job; he even added a Gear Vendors overdrive unit.

He was at the Winchester ATHS show with it last September.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 weeks later...