License, Registration, And Proof of Insurance Please

"Eats Oshkoshes....Shits Walters...."

Actually they were extremely popular throughout the upper mid-west and northeastern states (and anyplace else in snow belts...) FWD was one of the few manufacturers of firetrucks that built complete units (chassis and body) or would sell a chassis to another body builder. Thousands of complete and FWD chassis firetrucks were built between 1919 and 1982 when FWD folded into what is now the FWD-Seagrave Corporation. Seagrave is one of the modern-day "Big Three" of fire apparatus (Seagrave, Pierce and E-One.) For some reason however, there are so few complete examples left of FWD firetrucks that are in good condition. Mine is one of only two in southeastern Pa. that I know of that is still pretty much original. Was delivered on 3-19-1959 with a 140GZ (F554G) Waukesha Engine through a Lipe-Brown clutch into a Clark 5-speed O/D transmission. The four wheel drive is full time, non-selectable which was standard for FWD. If you wanted selectable 2WD/4WD you had to special order it.

Beautiful old truck - nothing wrong with having a girl with a big schnozz

Okay Gentlemen more news on the paperwork project. Talked to Gulfway they quoted me an annual premium of $202.00. I sent off the official application and the check today....so far looks like I'm insured with Gulfway. :chili::banana: .....Now onto the antique license business.....

Cool let us know how the much the state works with you. Also the pictures they want; have to be four views as you were saying, but directly head on, directly tail on, and directly on the side view of the truck. They shouldn't be on an angle. I had a Olds Cutlass I restored around 2005, I went to the notary and the first pictures I handed her were rejected by them (notary) because they were on an angle. Luckily I did take the correct pictures just to have for my reference and got my classic plate with no problem. When I registered my B-61 I made sure they were the same way and it went pretty smooth. btw they were two different notaries.

By the way I should mention that it specifically stated in my policy with JC Taylor that (and this is not verbatim, but something like....)

"This policy will not cover any damages or injuries through liability or medical coverage incurred by yourself or other parties in the event of the detonation of a nuclear weapon."

-so if you are looking for coverage if a nuke pops off, dont go to JC Taylor.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

By the way I should mention that it specifically stated in my policy with JC Taylor that (and this is not verbatim, but something like....)

"This policy will not cover any damages or injuries through liability or medical coverage incurred by yourself or other parties in the event of the detonation of a nuclear weapon."

-so if you are looking for coverage if a nuke pops off, dont go to JC Taylor.

Those rat bastards! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

The luck of the Irish was with this Irishman today!!! Some of you may be happy to know my new antique title and license plate showed up in the mail today!!!!!!!!!! No problems and no issues with Harrisburg. It just showed up. As If that isnt exciting enough......

My packet from the Mack Museum showed up with all the info for my B67!!!!!!!

What can I say? I guess Its in the name, Shawn Patrick Barrett......

Im gonna have a drink....or two and celebrate!!!! Cheers!!!!

post-6282-0-59353800-1332035221_thumb.jp

Good that everything went in your favor. My B-67 is also Standard Cab (not concave) when I got papers from Mack it said it was an option. My B-67 also has smaller steering wheel. how about yours or others? Joe D.

Thanks so much Joe, Im elated!. I figured they would screw with me....but I got *lucky* I guess.

Shucks I never knew they made a smaller wheel. With that "armstrong" steering I think you would need every inch of leverage.....I'll measure mine and get back to ya.

Do you have any pictures of your B67 I'd love to see it.

Good that everything went in your favor. My B-67 is also Standard Cab (not concave) when I got papers from Mack it said it was an option. My B-67 also has smaller steering wheel. how about yours or others? Joe D.

Mine is 20" and the column is angled different than a B61. Mine is concave back.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well If you are planning on coming at all be sure to let me know, I'll be there. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you characters from BMT this year.

If I could drop about 35 pounds from my fat ass I might be able to actually drive my B67. As it sits the damned steering wheel is so far into my gut it won't spin back from a turn when let go of.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If I could drop about 35 pounds from my fat ass I might be able to actually drive my B67. As it sits the damned steering wheel is so far into my gut it won't spin back from a turn when let go of.

Rob

HAHA two words my friend........Jenny Craig...... HAHA no im just f!@kin with ya. I've got problems myself. Some genius removed the air ride "If it ever had one" and mounted seats "on the floor" So it sits kinda low. And in doing so My 6'3" 275lbs ass is all sorts of cramped up. My knee is in my mouth when I go to push the clutch in......

HAHA two words my friend........Jenny Craig...... HAHA no im just f!@kin with ya. I've got problems myself. Some genius removed the air ride "If it ever had one" and mounted seats "on the floor" So it sits kinda low. And in doing so My 6'3" 275lbs ass is all sorts of cramped up. My knee is in my mouth when I go to push the clutch in......

It will be worse with the stock seat the truck was probably built with. Get yourself a Bostrom T Bar seat. It is about the thinnest profile seat and still comfortable available. This is what I'm doing with mine.

I'm 5'2" at just over 310 pounds and this truck really cramps my style. This is one of the only times I'm glad "Momma" done got my nuts cause they would be crushed if trying to drive this thing with em.

Rob

It will be worse with the stock seat the truck was probably built with. Get yourself a Bostrom T Bar seat. It is about the thinnest profile seat and still comfortable available. This is what I'm doing with mine.

I'm 5'2" at just over 310 pounds and this truck really cramps my style. This is one of the only times I'm glad "Momma" done got my nuts cause they would be crushed if trying to drive this thing with em.

Rob

Bostrom T Bar....I'll have to look into that. I was just at Reading Mack eye balling a Bostrom with the nice BullDog embossed in the back, really hate the idea of a modern seat with plastic adjusting knobs, but the seats in it have got to go....

Ah hah! Thats more like it......I like this. Is this the one you mean? That looks an aweful lot like the stock seats doesn't it.....

http://www.bostromse...s/vikingstd.htm

If your truck has a suspension seat then most likely. Mine does not but rather almost a stock B61 seat. It is much thicker profile in both the back, and seat bun areas and doesn't move. Of course with the heater core under the driver's seat when I hit a bump I'm shoving my spleen up into my throat from the impact.

Rob