Price Of Fuel

MACKS

The price of diesel in Hartford, Ct. $3.59 Home heating oil is $3.19

Let me begin by saying I have family that work in the Oil buisness. One brother worked for ARCO on the North Slope an other brother retired from a National labrotory in Idaho.

THERE IS NO NATRUAL OIL SHORTAGE! There is more oil in the gound to keep us running at present levels plus an annual growth of 15% for more than 100 years and then some.

The problem is man made. Anwar north of the Artic Circle has a oil field as large as Texas or more. We can't drill because we will kill Polar bears. The Polar Bear population is 63% larger now then 50 years ago. From Norway Governement. An oil field off of Calf. is large enought to boost our production by 50%. Can't drill because of whales and seals. An Oil field in the Gulf of Mexico is larger than Sauda Arabia. Can't drill because we may pollute the gulf of Mexico. Oh, by the way, Chevz of Venazula is drilling like crazy and he fuel is cheap. Oh and by the way the Chinise will be drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico (if they aren't already thanks to our friendly Cubian Government.)

There is more oil to be found in the world other than the three I have mentioned. You better belive that others will be drilling like crazy for it.

Now, The Hartfore Courant in April of 2005 ran a story on the 23-24 page. In it stated that in 1980 there were 340 + oil refineries in the US. In 2005 there is less then 160 refineries. yet the demand has risen more the 30% over all. There have been no new refineries built in the last thirty years. Yet, in the last thirty years the simple forms of gasoline, cheap, medium and high test along with diesel (aka Home heating oil) and kerosine have moved from five grades to over fifty (50) different blends for 12 major markets in the US. Oh, don't forget lowest sulfur diesel (don't even think of using home heating oil (#2) in your new truck!) We have gone from simple to super complex with a smaller number of 30 year old refineries. (Thank You D.E.P.) We are at the point of importing gasoline and diesel fuel already refined from forigen nations. What happed to "We can do it!"

You talk about 50 MPG cars. Well, lets look at those, Hybrids. More Money!!! (see a connection here?) The battery for the hibrids hides behind the back seat. weights 3-400 lbs and is made of a crud load of 1 1/2 volt cells with exotic metals. BIG MONEY. Oh and how do you dispose of one of those! Don't ask the dealer he doesn't know. Think of the niCd batteris and thier heavy metals which you must not throw in the trash but recycle. Any one know where? Don't crash those new cars. The shut off switch for the 600 volt battery is on top of it and the wire runs under the car to the motor in front. Any one want to arc weld!

Ok lets talk electricty. Oil fired and natrual Gas yes, Nuclear NO! (huh?) No new nuclear generators have been built or even planned in the last thirty years. Yet there is no "carbon" foot print (God! ya gotta love that Al Gore term, ever see his fleet of SUV's?) Ok there is a problem with spent fuel but is there a National repositroy in Nevada? Ok here is my ACE. My Brother, (remebrer I had one in the National Research Lab in Idaho?) had told me we were about 10 years away from a Fusion reactor (Not fission. That is what we now have). A fusion reactor will create heat by combing material, rather then spliting it. Guess What? No nuclear waste! The stuff is inert. No glow!!!! Oh that program was shut down by "Billy Boy" from Ark. along with 3 other National Lab working on the same problm.

It is not that we are creedy and suffering from gluttney on oil. It is that "we" are our worst enimies. We listen to phoney experts that are in the business of scareing us for their profit and power.

Use the internet and find the answers for your self. There is talk of closing down the free internet and controling the information. Gee, I wonder why?

Thank you for putting up with my rant. This proably is not the place for it, but I had to say it.

Jim

Edited by blueknight0517@yahoo.com

Rustednut

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. The fuel prices are crazy and like you guys said it is really putting the pinch on truckings already poor rates. for the most part all of our iron is parked. There are too many people in trucking that cant add and subtract. You bring up alot of good points BlueKnight. the goverment and the tree huggers woukld rather have anouther country without any enviromental standards drill for oil instead of the good old U.S.A. Same goes for manufacturing. Make it in China save a couple of bucks so the middleman can make more as well as sell more because of the shorter lifespan of an inferior product. Where is everyone going to work in this country if there is no manufacturing? You know its bad when I had 2 satellite t.v. installers come to my house in NJ that are from Maine because there isnt any work up there. After talking to them, i found out that they used to be woodworkers but they got priced out by cheap imports from overseas.

Now dont get me wrong, I am not a jelous person, but I believe that most people around here have too much and want too much. Women dont need 100 pairs of cheap chinese made shoes. Kids dont need the large amount of cheap, lead infused toys that they have. what wrong with a few well built tough as nails toys that will last for years? It used to be, for example, if you needed a new winter coat, you saved for one. The coat you bought wasnt cheap, but it was a quality piece made in the US by Americans, and it lasted you for years. it wasnt some cheap chinese piece of junk that fell apart in six months. Now people look for how much can I get and how cheap can I get it. (The coat I buy this month is going to be out of style next so Ill have to buy anouher). Enough about coats, I just used that as a reference but it could pertain to anything that you might purchase. Well enough from me thats just my .02.

• 2 months later...

Dam,I just paid 389.9 on Long Island NY,the owner of the gas station told me it will be over 4.00 by monday,soon I'll be looking at a dollar a mile to run my dump truck just for fuel.

Dam,I just paid 389.9 on Long Island NY,the owner of the gas station told me it will be over 4.00 by monday,soon I'll be looking at a dollar a mile to run my dump truck just for fuel.

I saw $4.19 for diesel at the Exxon on the south service rd. at exit 55. Seems any talk of crude going up, this station jumps right up. Such a thief. This is also on Long Island. The Hess on Rt.111 and the By-Pass is at $3.87. UGH

The price of diesel in Hartford, Ct. $3.59 Home heating oil is $3.19

Let me begin by saying I have family that work in the Oil buisness. One brother worked for ARCO on the North Slope an other brother retired from a National labrotory in Idaho.

THERE IS NO NATRUAL OIL SHORTAGE! There is more oil in the gound to keep us running at present levels plus an annual growth of 15% for more than 100 years and then some.

The problem is man made. Anwar north of the Artic Circle has a oil field as large as Texas or more. We can't drill because we will kill Polar bears. The Polar Bear population is 63% larger now then 50 years ago. From Norway Governement. An oil field off of Calf. is large enought to boost our production by 50%. Can't drill because of whales and seals. An Oil field in the Gulf of Mexico is larger than Sauda Arabia. Can't drill because we may pollute the gulf of Mexico. Oh, by the way, Chevz of Venazula is drilling like crazy and he fuel is cheap. Oh and by the way the Chinise will be drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico (if they aren't already thanks to our friendly Cubian Government.)

There is more oil to be found in the world other than the three I have mentioned. You better belive that others will be drilling like crazy for it.

Now, The Hartfore Courant in April of 2005 ran a story on the 23-24 page. In it stated that in 1980 there were 340 + oil refineries in the US. In 2005 there is less then 160 refineries. yet the demand has risen more the 30% over all. There have been no new refineries built in the last thirty years. Yet, in the last thirty years the simple forms of gasoline, cheap, medium and high test along with diesel (aka Home heating oil) and kerosine have moved from five grades to over fifty (50) different blends for 12 major markets in the US. Oh, don't forget lowest sulfur diesel (don't even think of using home heating oil (#2) in your new truck!) We have gone from simple to super complex with a smaller number of 30 year old refineries. (Thank You D.E.P.) We are at the point of importing gasoline and diesel fuel already refined from forigen nations. What happed to "We can do it!"

You talk about 50 MPG cars. Well, lets look at those, Hybrids. More Money!!! (see a connection here?) The battery for the hibrids hides behind the back seat. weights 3-400 lbs and is made of a crud load of 1 1/2 volt cells with exotic metals. BIG MONEY. Oh and how do you dispose of one of those! Don't ask the dealer he doesn't know. Think of the niCd batteris and thier heavy metals which you must not throw in the trash but recycle. Any one know where? Don't crash those new cars. The shut off switch for the 600 volt battery is on top of it and the wire runs under the car to the motor in front. Any one want to arc weld!

Ok lets talk electricty. Oil fired and natrual Gas yes, Nuclear NO! (huh?) No new nuclear generators have been built or even planned in the last thirty years. Yet there is no "carbon" foot print (God! ya gotta love that Al Gore term, ever see his fleet of SUV's?) Ok there is a problem with spent fuel but is there a National repositroy in Nevada? Ok here is my ACE. My Brother, (remebrer I had one in the National Research Lab in Idaho?) had told me we were about 10 years away from a Fusion reactor (Not fission. That is what we now have). A fusion reactor will create heat by combing material, rather then spliting it. Guess What? No nuclear waste! The stuff is inert. No glow!!!! Oh that program was shut down by "Billy Boy" from Ark. along with 3 other National Lab working on the same problm.

It is not that we are creedy and suffering from gluttney on oil. It is that "we" are our worst enimies. We listen to phoney experts that are in the business of scareing us for their profit and power.

Use the internet and find the answers for your self. There is talk of closing down the free internet and controling the information. Gee, I wonder why?

Thank you for putting up with my rant. This proably is not the place for it, but I had to say it.

Jim

I absolutely 100% agree! Al Gore is full of #$@& about this global warming crap anyway,and democrats and "tree huggers" are going to ruin us-oops,didn't mean to get into politics here-but I listen to talk radio all the time,and form my own opinions and agree with those who say the "cold war" never really ended,and russia and china want our economy to be ruined-look at the federal deficit now! I hear drivers blaming George Bush for the price of fuel all the time,and he has nothing to do with the price of a barrell of crude oil. And liberals want to take God out of everything-oops,didn't mean to get into religion here-but I think as a nation we need to turn to God,because things aren't looking too good right now. I'm not the most religious person by a long shot,seldom go to church,smoke,drink,and sometimes cuss,by I do believe God is our only hope now...sorry to go off on religion and politics, but i've said it now...i'll get back to what I do best and try to keep things light around here.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

your right vanscott the problem is our own problem simply because we keep buying the fuel no matter what the pump says. Also all you hear now days is a more fuel efficient car or diesel engine. Someone tell me i am wrong but how is that gonna help the fuel problem, i mean really if we can get 60 miles to the gallon instead of 10 isn't that going to make us drive more ? more fuel effiecent is really just gonna make us depend on oil more in the long run. What needs to be cut out is the ppl thats out there on the road that really don't have to be there. There will be a time where we wished we would have saved a gallon of fuel or 2 for our trucks and equipment that really had to be out there to keep this country going. Just guessing i would say there is at least 20 to 30% of the traffic on the road.. you know the kind of traffic that causes us to smoke our fresh brake lining off cause they are sight seeing and have no productive reason to be on the highway at all. I don't know how everyone else is doing but the rising cost of fuel has almost costed me the farm and to put the trucks to pasture. As of right now it is taking 55% of my gross income just to pay the fuel bill. I am sure there is somewhere a struggling owner operator that has to file bankrupt and quit his trucking carreer everyday because of the fuel situation. It is mainly us truckers that the rising price of fuel is affecting the most and its the trucks that this country can't run one single day without.
yeah,at all times of the day and night the roads are packed-I often wonder "just where are all these people going? doesn't anyone just go home anymore?"

Well, we're at $3.699 for diesel in Upstate NY. And it is going to get a lot worse.

This isn't going to go away.

Just like most low tech industries today, we are working for a lot less money today in the building industry than we were twenty years ago. Seems ridiculous.

The only fix is for each and every one of us to reduce our our dependency on imported oil.

And, at the same time, we need to stop buying imported junk! The fact that the WalMarts and K-Marts and Kohls and on and on can exist in this country by pushing Chinese inferior products on us is just plain criminal. And it's our own fault - we keep buying useless stuff, and lots of it. Just to feed our arrogant greed. It's very sad to look at what we are doing to ourselves.

Let's stop buying imported junk, and go back to making our own goods. That fixes a multitude of problems in our society. American pride goes way up, welfare goes down, and we can work on becoming a strong country again. Seems like a worthwhile goal.

To fix the oil problem permanently, we need a suitable alternative for about 50% of our current consumption.

Bio-diesel has some promise, as does hydrogen as an auto fuel, and ethanol as a general use fuel. Obviously as the price of crude oil rises, the alternative fuels become more feasable.

We probably will never be able to make public transportation a reasonable alternative in the US. We just plain like to drive too much. So public transportation is not a realistic part of the picture, at least not yet.

Less expensive and renewable electric power sources will also be a big part of the "oil hostage" solution in the future.

But the biggest and most powerful piece of the whole puzzle is you and I. All of us, every single one, has to make an effort to change. Period.

I believe very strongly that we have the best country in the world. A little crazy at times, perhaps, but the best country in the world. If we can't work to keep it great, then who will?

Sorry for the rambling, but I've had enough of hearing everyone try to blame someone else for these problems. These problems are our own fault, and we are the only ones who can fix them. Let's get busy.

Paul Van Scott

yep,and we're playing right into china's hand-that's exactly what they want us to do.

I saw $4.19 for diesel at the Exxon on the south service rd. at exit 55. Seems any talk of crude going up, this station jumps right up. Such a thief. This is also on Long Island. The Hess on Rt.111 and the By-Pass is at $3.87. UGH

$4.50/gallon for diesel is going to become normal very soon. And probably higher than that in the near future.

Gas will get to $4.00 very soon too. And $5.00/gallon soon after.

This isn't going to go away until we do something permanent. And it will affect every part of our lives with the increased cost.

Unfortunately for the truckers, you are going to get hit first and hard by working for the same pay, albeit at a

much higher operating cost. It might be cheaper to just park the truck, or let the bank figure how to operate it.

But that's probably not the answer. It just sounds good on paper.

Eventually, I think that the prices of goods will rise, and after that the money required to operate a truck will catch up

and become better than today.

And maybe - just maybe - when the country has finally had enough, we might do something about it!

That may be a long way off. Hopefully it will happen before it's too late.

Not a very pretty picture. And believe me, no politician, congressman or presidential candidate has a clue how to fix this.

Nor do they care, as long as we don't care.

This solution is up to each of one of us. Some small changes in our daily lives, and some creative thinking about alternative

energy sources can fix the problem rather painlessly, if we don't wait too long.

Paul Van Scott

$4.50/gallon for diesel is going to become normal very soon. And probably higher than that in the near future.

This isn't going to go away until we do something permanent. And it will affect every part of our lives with the increased cost.

Unfortunately for the truckers, you are going to get hit first and hard by working for the same pay, albeit at a

much higher operating cost. It might be cheaper to just park the truck, or let the bank figure how to operate it.

Eventually, I think that the prices of goods will rise, and after that the money required to operate a truck will catch up

And maybe - just maybe - when the country has finally had enough, we might do something about it!

Not a very pretty picture. And believe me, no politician, congressman or presidential candidate has a clue how to fix this.

This solution is up to each of one of us. Some small changes in our daily lives, and some creative thinking about alternative

energy sources can fix the problem rather painlessly, if we don't wait too long.

Paul Van Scott

Rustednut

Paul Van Scott

yeah,we should've started years ago -or we should have anticipated todays problem years ago anyway

$3.30 a galon here was $3.50 last week talk is that is going back up around $3.50 in a week or 2

like paul is preaching we that are running trucks every day will get hit 1st to get hit w/ it HIGHER FUEL PRICES WILL BE BE HERE SOONER OR LATER SOONER IS MY OPINON we either need to get used to it or get on the ball figuring a way around it w/ alturnitive fuels

All i hear is OH THATS TOO HIGH CANT YA CUT ME A BREAK ON THAT LOAD OF ROCK OR DIRT , SAND, ETC ? & im tired of hearing that

I ASK THEM DID THE Fuel stop give you a break when ya filled up your vehicle ? they say no i say alright then they dont cut me no slack either & im filling up 2 75 gallon tanks on this truck more than you fill up thaty vehicle your driving I Cant cutya no slack either

Had a buddy of mine who sells feed for a living he asked me that too i asked him did ya cut me any slack on the dog food last week due to higher fuel & shipping cost ? he said no i wouldnt had made a profit if i cut ya a break . i said alright then brother ya know i cant cut ya any slack on this load of masonary sand either for the brick that going on your house either cause i wont make a profit either . he mumbled something i couldnt understand as he was writing my check & if i did i would probly had decked his big butt as he is a childhood friend of mine & we back quite a ways . (have a close friendship like that of a brother w/ him )

Hell i read SOMEWHEREwere :mack1: came ou w/ a HYBRID Granite i belive it was a Dump bucket that was the Hybrid anybody else see or hear of this ?

later yall & just my 2 cents

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

more then a dollar/liters here in Quebec... one gallon is 4.54 liters or pretty close..

will turn down a few fuel pump I guess... black smoke isn't funny..

Black Smoke's not funny is right. Unless you're just having fun, and you don't mind paying for that fun!

I think that, today at least, the solution for fixing the expense of fuel is really pretty simple. A little less driving, a few more miles per gallon, and simply using your head would go a long way to cure our cost of fuel by reducing our dependancy on the Arab world. And that has to be the ultimate goal. We have got to use our own products.

Let them sell their oil to China, Japan and India for $150.00/barrel or more. Let China, Japan and India have some real fun figuring out how to deal with that. And maybe they could even have their own little Middle East wars! Or, at least, help us a little.

Highway vehicles are certainly one of the major users of oil - but not the only one. As a country, or as a group of countries, (USA, Canada and Mexico) we might be better served using alternative energy and alternative fuels in our power plants, rather than developing a new infrastructure and distribution system for highway use. And the plastics industry would do well to research and develop methods of producing materials from recycling and the use of vegetable (plant) based oils to a much a greater degree than currently being employed.

And the cracking (refining) of coal for the production of multiple products is always a possibility, rather than simply burning the raw material.

Coal and oil burning power plants probably have a greater tolerance for minor fuel inconsistancies than the relatively small and finicky automobile and truck engines. The fuel is not metered as precisely, and the power plants can, and do, use a less refined fuel than gasoline or diesel fuel as we know it.

This isn't rocket science. A few simple measures will fix the situation. And, believe it or not, the tree huggers have very little to do with the problem. For now. They have their own issues.

But, human nature and the need to make a profit won't allow us, or the corporate world, to change until it hurts in the wallet too much. Unless we all can get together and make it happen.

I'm starting to feel like a preacher!!

Paul Van Scott

more then a dollar/liters here in Quebec... one gallon is 4.54 liters or pretty close..

will turn down a few fuel pump I guess... black smoke isn't funny..

Black Smoke's not funny is right. Unless you're just having fun, and you don't mind paying for that fun!

I think that, today at least, the solution for fixing the expense of fuel is really pretty simple. A little less driving, a few more miles per gallon, and simply using your head would go a long way to cure our cost of fuel by reducing our dependancy on the Arab world. And that has to be the ultimate goal. We have got to use our own products.

Let them sell their oil to China, Japan and India for $150.00/barrel or more. Let China, Japan and India have some real fun figuring out how to deal with that. And maybe they could even have their own little Middle East wars! Or, at least, help us a little.

Highway vehicles are certainly one of the major users of oil - but not the only one. As a country, or as a group of countries, (USA, Canada and Mexico) we might be better served using alternative energy and alternative fuels in our power plants, rather than developing a new infrastructure and distribution system for highway use. And the plastics industry would do well to research and develop methods of producing materials from recycling and the use of vegetable (plant) based oils to a much a greater degree than currently being employed. The power plants and the industries that use petroleum to produce products are also major users of crude oil.

Coal and oil burning power plants probably have a greater tolerance for minor fuel inconsistancies than the relatively small and finicky automobile and truck engines. The fuel is not metered as precisely, and the power plants can, and do, use a less refined fuel than gasoline or diesel fuel as we know it.

And the cracking (refining) of coal for the production of multiple products is always a possibility, rather than simply burning the raw material to generate electricity.

This isn't rocket science. A few simple measures will fix the situation. And, believe it or not, the tree huggers have very little to do with the problem. For now. They have their own issues, which we can cure on another day.

Human nature and the need to make a profit won't allow us, or the corporate world, to change until it hurts in the wallet too much. Unless we all can get together and make it happen.

Paul Van Scott

Highway vehicles are certainly one of the major users of oil - but not the only one. As a country, or as a group of countries, (USA, Canada and Mexico) we might be better served using alternative energy and alternative fuels in our power plants, rather than developing a new infrastructure and distribution system for highway use. And the plastics industry would do well to research and develop methods of producing materials from recycling and the use of vegetable (plant) based oils to a much a greater degree than currently being employed. The power plants and the industries that use petroleum to produce products are also major users of crude oil.

And the cracking (refining) of coal for the production of multiple products is always a possibility, rather than simply burning the raw material to generate electricity.

This isn't rocket science. A few simple measures will fix the situation. And, believe it or not, the tree huggers have very little to do with the problem. For now. They have their own issues, which we can cure on another day.

Human nature and the need to make a profit won't allow us, or the corporate world, to change until it hurts in the wallet too much. Unless we all can get together and make it happen.

Paul Van Scott

might be too late to run in '08, but you should start your run for president in 2012 now. maybe there's a place for me in your cabinet :P

The getty around the corner from my yard who is always the cheapest was 399.9 yeasterday so I'm sure a lot of stations are well over four a gallon by now, I take a ride around and check out prices.Long Island,NY

It's back to 3.00 a gallon in new york and rising. what are you guys paying and where?

Now I'm not saying you guys in the US are getting it easier, far from it, freight rates are relative. Here in country South Australia, not quite the outback, we are paying $1.40 a litre, when converted to US gallons is $5.299AU a gallon, and factor in the exchange rate at around .92c US to our dollar is about $4.88US a gallon. Not that much difference. And who said the oil companies aren't fixing prices globally??????