Old Payloaders

Mike Blais

I saw some old loaders once.

This one was used for snow removal at Lowes in Oakland, Md.

attachicon.gifimg_2006.jpgattachicon.gifimg_2007.jpg

These were all parked in a field by the truckstop in Mt. Nebo, W.V.

attachicon.gifimg_2258.jpg

attachicon.gifimg_2260.jpg

attachicon.gifimg_2261.jpg

attachicon.gifimg_2264.jpg

attachicon.gifimg_2270.jpg

This 988 was in Weirton, W.V.

attachicon.gif100_4955.jpg

That 988B Looks similar to the 988B Cat that is @ Fullen Dock in Memphis loading dump buckets & dump wagons w/ rock & rip rap . that ole loader has been going strong since it was new . Ive been round that ole loader since I was a young un . ;)

Love the sound of that 3408 V8 Motor .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

:SMOKIE-RT:

A paving outfit I worked for had a 988 that was bought from a mine near here. The Boss said he got a great deal on it. I found out later the sellers laughed all the way to the bank because it was a lemon,and spent more time in the shop than on the job. I liked it a lot though,(I was an oiler there but got to drive everything out there,to get to the fuel tank every night.) Once he learned that the rams used special "Cat" O-rings and plain (cheap) ones wouldn't work,it was pretty reliable.

James

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Ok all you John Deere fans. I have seen a pic another driver got and not supposed to have. Deere is coming out with a 944. PIc I saw had this thing wired for sound with all the data they are collecting. It is huge. looks to be the equivlent off a 988 but not sure. probably every bit of 105k. Not sure how many have heard about this monster but it may be hitting jobs and pits in the near future. Definatley going to be hitting the proving grounds to run the piss out of it or down at there Laredo test facility of 27 miles by 18 mile farm. they got everything there and they run the dog piss out of it. Also have a Pete down there with a Bulldog on the hood. try to get a pic next time I go down to the place.

That style machine always scared me. Stick your arm out and get it clipped off by the loader arm!!!! Especially the smaller versions with open cab. Wondered what OSHA would think of something like that today? It would have to have a cage or laser screen to shut machine off if you stuck your arm out.

That seat picture just goes to show..............a cat and dog CAN sleep together LOL!!

Here ya go Sam.......I got it posted here for you

gallery_7464_1136_70748.jpg

Nice shot! It looks like a monster!

• 3 weeks later...

Fianally got the old girl back from the heavy equipment shop. Engine completely rebuilt, used rebuilt torque converter, rear axle housings, steering rebuilt. Radiator recored, new brakes, lines, and master cylinder. Counterweight that was hanging off properly re-attached. I wanted to get it painted, but I was getting too much money into it. We didn't get the parking brake fixed either. This winter I'll show those snow banks who's boss!

A friend of mine has one excatly like that for sale !

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...