Old Payloaders

Mike Blais

. Wait a second? Are you guys tryin to make this funny?.........Vinny
There is a rhyme and reason for everything.

I gotta admit, a Hough was tough in the rough. There used to be a lot of them around here in the mines. All differing power sources. I worked on one that had a Continental "Red Seal" flathead six once. I actually liked that one as it was very, very quiet to operate.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

:SMOKIE-RT:

I used one like that first pic but without the top for a while at a paving outfit I did tires for;wouldn't start without jumpers from the service truck,had absolutely the HARDEST steering of anything I've ever driven. Half the time I had to back up and re-angle to get it around a corner. I only used it to set the bucket on truck wheels when I inflated the tires before (and after) the welder finally made me a tire cage out of re-bar.(!!)

Anyway,it seemed to run good and worked okay for loading trucks etc. if the operator had REALLY strong arms,which I didn't. (That is what taught me to let the machine do the work,but this thing-might have been worth red-tagging it until the P/S worked.)

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a loader I had for a few years. Then I listened to my wife and sold it. Only time I listened to her and wish that I didn't have a "yes dear" moment. 1988 and had a remain engine and was repinned and bushed. I rented it to my friends pine saw mill where they saw 32,000 board feet a day.

post-426-0-83497400-1330349805_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a loader I had for a few years. Then I listened to my wife and sold it. Only time I listened to her and wish that I didn't have a "yes dear" moment. 1988 and had a remain engine and was repinned and bushed. I rented it to my friends pine saw mill where they saw 32,000 board feet a day.

What brand, and color of sawmill equipment is predominant there?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It's green and huge, I know that much. When the boys are saw'in get your ass in gear and a sharp eye. I can find out what type of mill.

Particularly let me know if it is "Helle" sawmill equipment. That stuff is very heavy, large, and built right here in the inbred siblings capitol of the world, Farmington, Illinois.

Rob

I'll see if it from mill is from I'm my own uncle USA. Here is a photo of a loader from the book Barrows,Bagers and Beavers by my good friend in NZ. It's a Allis Chalmers TL10.

I heard about those early loaders being a little light in the behind,bet that was a pucker-up moment! :loldude:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

everytime I see one of those old wheel loaders or a old skidloader with no cage to keep you inside the cab, I cringe. We had a neighbor black out while running one, and he fell over to the side, hit the hydraulics and the arms came down and killed him.

Like riding the train at the zoo - keep your arms and head inside the car.

I won't have one on the place.

I heard about those early loaders being a little light in the behind,bet that was a pucker-up moment! :loldude:

Ya know, "Momma" used to be a little "light in the behind" but not no more. She has a humungus couterweight now.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Our new loader at the Waterford plant. Joy stick steering and very nice scale system. Dave is a happy boy....

It's funny they go with the joystick controls on the bigger machines but leave the steering wheel on the smaller ones. I wonder why?