new firetruck

joes mack

1963 ford c900 2200 gal stainless milk tank truck is retired (cant find parts to fix ) we are currently looking for a newer cab/ chassis to put tank on would like to cut wrap off of tank and polish the stainless if we ever get a truck to put it on post-5260-0-23741900-1333318289_thumb.jp

post-5260-0-19183100-1333316970_thumb.jp 1971 ford

Joe - Thanks for the photos - I love seeing old trucks still earning a living!

This sounds crazy, but the truck in front of this 71 Ford pumper has a dump bed just like one I have that I need to find out who made it. Can you look and see if there is a ID tag on that one? It is the bed that is raised up in the dump position, grey bed? I may be wrong, but it looks just like one I have on a customers truck and we need a strange part for it and are not having any luck.

that bed is a 1969 model bed its on my mack cant remember the name of it but it was made in arjay ky. they have been out of business for a while they used to be alot of them around here but now that scrap is up they have all but disapeared.

Okay - I was wrong then, that is not the one I was looking for - thanks for the response.

I got to looking again after seeing that photo and the bed I was looking for is a Schodorf out of Ohio.

Lots of stuff like that bed is disappearing around here - including good jobs.

Joe:

Thanks for posting pictures of your apparatus. The Mack looks good; in fact, all the trucks look well maintained. Why does the '67 Ford have chains on; was the

weather forecast calling for snow? Hope that you find a chassis for your stainless steel tank, a nice Mack "R" or "CH" model would look good.

bulldogboy

thanks for the good coments about the trucks. the 67 is the truck that has the brake problems and i have not got around to taking the chains off yet but i will be taking them off in a couple of days as im going to pull the spokes and drums to check the shoes as there is not a hole in the dust cover to check the thickness of the shoes. if they have a lot of wear on them i will replace them and hopefully be able to get the brakes fixed on the truck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...