new firetruck

joes mack

i talked to some people on the millburn f.d. today when i got home from work and to my suprise the guys i spoke with remembered the truck well. and they had all of the service manuals and all of the orig paper work for the truck and he told me that they would ship everthing they had for the truck to me. he said that it was the first automatic truck they bought and that it has a EM6 237 engine. they are going to send pics of truck fighting fire when it was new and i am going to send them pics of the truck now so they can see that their one time pride of the fleet is now the pride of the fleet once agin. they sold the truck in 1997.

Could you figure out how many owners it has had since they sold it in 97 and where it traveled?

yea they still got it and its a little shorter than the one we got but everyone says we got the better of the two. thanks and this will more than likely will be its last home as we have had good luck with our trucks so far. we still have our first tanker and pumper we bought back in 1985 (the department was started in 84) the tanker is a 74 c60 chevy and engine 1 is a 67 f750 and both are still in service but the tanker will prob be removed from service this year.

update on the truck it just keeps getting better the fire dept that we bought the truck from just informed us that they had a city meeting and the asking price for the truck was reduced they said that they voted to give the truck to us but some legal hoopla wouldnt let them. and sence we always help them and they help us with mutual aid they told us to bring them a check for $25.00 and everything would be legal and the truck was ours. can it get much better than this???

update on the truck it just keeps getting better the fire dept that we bought the truck from just informed us that they had a city meeting and the asking price for the truck was reduced they said that they voted to give the truck to us but some legal hoopla wouldnt let them. and sence we always help them and they help us with mutual aid they told us to bring them a check for $25.00 and everything would be legal and the truck was ours. can it get much better than this???

You sneaked in just under my upper limit of $25.01.

You must barter better than I.

Good job!!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That has happened in my area, usually with ladder trucks. One community will sell a neighboring department an old ladder truck

for $1.00 or something like that. This way the new department gets a ladder truck and the selling department gets a mutual aid

ladder. Works out well for both.

bulldogboy

we faired pretty well in harlan co had a couple of funnel clouds,large baseball size hail,(busted the vent lights off the top of my camper and beat the piss out of the alum on it and a few dents on my other vehicles) but harrogate tenn and lee county va which are just across the mountain both had twisters last night. london ky got hit hard by tornado killed a few people. west liberty ky all but got leveled 2 twisters in 3 days. it was rough for a while thats for sure. its sad that people lost their lives but some of the bigger storms just seemed to pop up with not much warning i know at work that it started lightning and within a couple mins it was on us.

• 4 weeks later...