83 mack r-model

jimibusch

Alot of the older R's had aircleaners with the extra warm air tube,but they still only had one element,most in fact were oil bath.The tip turbine air cleaners had 2 separate filter elements in the canister.

Yes, mine is oil bath.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a '79 R612ST (Canadian)300+ 315 hp,RT-12509 9 speed Fuller, that had the 2 tubes and the hood scoop! The air cleaner housing was actually stepped down at the top.It had an air controlled butterfly to get air from under the hood (like the old oil baths) during rain or snow.The scoop had an element under the hood that filtered air for the tip-turbine.I changed it to a 2 stage (USA style).Much less plumbing to deal with,both filters were then in the same place. :clock_logo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA