Out Put Shaft Seal

Bmoto1

B61 with Duplex, in dealer for service, they report a leaking output shaft on trans and a leaking seal on the rear. No quote to fix yet. I think the output shaft has leaked for years, and last mechanic advised to ignore it, fix cost too much for a 5000 mile a year truck. that make sense? Going to drive it Tucson to Co springs and hopefully up Pikes Peak- hot weather- should I spring for it?

I would fix it now it's only gonna get worse, it's not a big job and the seals don't cost that much, if the dealer gives you a crazy price just do it your self, if you don't have a seal installation tool try to borrow one or buy one, if you do any work on you truck such as brakes you will be glad you bought it.

B61 with Duplex, in dealer for service, they report a leaking output shaft on trans and a leaking seal on the rear. No quote to fix yet. I think the output shaft has leaked for years, and last mechanic advised to ignore it, fix cost too much for a 5000 mile a year truck. that make sense? Going to drive it Tucson to Co springs and hopefully up Pikes Peak- hot weather- should I spring for it?

Make sure there is no slack in the rear brg. or yoke before you choose to not repair because if a brg. is going bad you could hurt trans and those parts are too hard to find. Glenn Akers

glenn akers