repower 1950 White 3000

kdunkdfunk

I "yakked" with the owners and actually was in the trailer at South Bend. Nice people that really enjoy the show circuit. Seein's it was raining like a cow pissin on a flat rock at the time, they didn't mind talking at all and the coffee wasn't half bad.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Interior shot looks like it has 2 stick trans to me. I do not see any air or electric for 3 speed rear. It would be different if it did have 3 speed auxiliary trans. There was a White 3000 tandem for sale in truck corral at Macungie about 5 years ago with 2 stick trans,it was a tack truck for asphalt company. Good luck . Joe D.

I didn't have much time to look at it but what I saw were 2 mechanical linkages coming from the cab and what looks like a clutch plate behind the main transmission. Here is another tag. I think this old girl is pre-air and pre-electric (at least for transmission).

White used Cummins diesels from the factory so it seems like a good choice for a repower if that day comes. One step at a time.

post-10309-0-89980100-1328282588_thumb.j

post-10309-0-84877500-1328282606_thumb.j

Edited by kdunkdfunk

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/12/2012 at 12:35 PM, kdunkdfunk said:

I see. One person recommended an Isuzu engine. Not sure what size they were talking about.

What does this mean for remaining electric systems that are 6 volt?

Right now I have nothing but questions. The biggest is if I would end up with something good enough for daily short distance driving. I know it will look cool!

Do you have any pics of your white cab over. I am new to the realm. Just bought a 65 , 3200 . I am wanting to do a modern chassis install and a 5.9, 12v., 5 spd. swap.