Bad News, Good News

Underdog

If you could be so kind, the radiator area, the front cab wall and the general area of the air dryer are particularily interesting to me. Thanks in advance - and have a nice day!

Paweł

Keep in mind mine is an early Superliner. The Superliner II may be slightly different. Also my air dryer is mounted outside the frame rail behind the left fuel tank.

Gregg

Gregg, but that's exactly what I'm lookin' for! From what I've seen, photos of the Superliner II are easier to find on the internet. The info about the air dryer is very helpful, as I'm about to put one on my model - can you post the photos? Thanks a lot in advance, have a nice day

Paweł

I got the truck from Industrial Truck & Equipment on Rt. 11 in Roanoke. Owner Gerry Ayers wanted to keep this Superliner for his own collection, but he admitted having too many trucks. He is an ATHS member and has quite a collection of trucks, mostly Macks and a Brockway that I saw. His business seems to focus on exporting trucks, R models of course the most popular. Gerry told me about the Western F model, and it was a V8 truck, but that one was already sold & gone. My Superliner and the F both came from B. A. Moore in Rocky Mount, VA.

Overall I am satisfied with the deal, the Superliner seems to be a good solid truck. I spent the first 4 days working inside the cab & bunk straightening out 25 years of shadetree electrical work and getting all the lights working. Some cosmetics inside the cab, a few new hoses and an oil leak at the fuel pump she should be ready for the road again.

Gregg

Ive seen B.A. Moore trucks around. We used to haul concrete pipe out of Roanoke when I worked for H.H.Moore and they hauled sand into the plant. Used to pass by 2 Cruiseliners on the way to the pipe place. They sat in the same spot for years with "for sale" signs in the window. I stopped and looked at them one day, both had V8's in them with 10 speeds. Vandals had broken the windshields in both of them. They could still be sitting there, haven't been in the area for a long time.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.