Do you object to mildly controversial off topic discussions on BMT?

Barry

Do you object to mildly controversial off topic discussions on BMT?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you object to mildly controversial off topic discussions on BMT?

• Yes...I object to this type of content
    • No...I enjoy reading this type of content
    • Doesn't matter to me...If I don't like it, I don't read it. Problem solved!

I read opinions and jokes on political issues, but I don't believe I've ever seen a gender, a racist or any religious comments or bias on here... ever. (unless it's about somebody driving a Pete) :bulldog3: Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I read opinions and jokes on political issues, but I don't believe I've ever seen a gender, a racist or any religious comments or bias on here... ever. (unless it's about somebody driving a Pete) :bulldog3: Paul

Paul,you have opened up my eyes! i did not realize i was a racist! but the anti-peterbilt sentiments have flowed freely in my posts at times! i am ashamed of myself....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Paul,you have opened up my eyes! i did not realize i was a racist! but the anti-peterbilt sentiments have flowed freely in my posts at times! i am ashamed of myself....................Mark

Mark,.......i'm ashamed of you for thinking you are racin. I know when we were racin, we believed in bumpin. Racin and bumpin go together. As for dem Peter boys......just not sure bout dem yet. As old as i am, don't tink i'll ever like dem Peter boys. ......jist not natural.

mike

I should prolly hang my head pretty low; but I won't. I've never really considered myself a racist; an egotistical bigot in all my self rightous honor, deserved respect, and glory, maybe.

Just one of my favorite things is to openly bash Peterbilt for the thorough enjoyment I gain from doing such.

I am narcisstically humbled.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I try to help out some before the holidays.....that way I get more coal in may stocking. ;)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just to clarify, we have never had a racism problem here and we never will. Religion and politics discussions are one thing but racism wont be tolerated.

However, with that said...those that object to Peterbuilt trash talk will have to just get over it. That's where we draw the line! LOL!

Seriously, it looks like the sampled majority have expressed that off topic discussion is perfectly fine in the prescribed forum area. So form here on out, we'll allow political and religion discussions as normal but again, racism is not permitted! Just please keep the discussions in the Odds & Ends forum or the VIP Lounge and also keep all discussions civil. That's all I ask!

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

The Liberal Handbook instructions are to immediately label everyone as a "Racist" if they should dare to criticize Obama. Most who use that word can't define it.

The conservative handbook indicates to condemn everyone as a liberal even if they only diagree with one there points, My post with the word "racism" was in response to BMT's rules of forumS and WASN'T ment to imply there was any form of racism ever on here but I lumped politics and religion in there with it because you have the same outcome....Fighting... Like my grandfather told us at the dinner table don't talk about politics and religion because we don't need to fight. I am neither conservative or liberal but I agree with a lot of peoples view point on here but also do not agree with point on here. When that happens I simply ignore it and move on. I have been seeing is that the site is getting more and more political when we should be trash talking pete's and volvos lol Again let's not forget this is a truck forum.

• Like 2

The conservative handbook indicates to condemn everyone as a liberal even if they only diagree with one there points, My post with the word "racism" was in response to BMT's rules of forumS and WASN'T ment to imply there was any form of racism ever on here but I lumped politics and religion in there with it because you have the same outcome....Fighting... Like my grandfather told us at the dinner table don't talk about politics and religion because we don't need to fight. I am neither conservative or liberal but I agree with a lot of peoples view point on here but also do not agree with point on here. When that happens I simply ignore it and move on. I have been seeing is that the site is getting more and more political when we should be trash talking pete's and volvos lol Again let's not forget this is a truck forum.

Well said! Thanks!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

The Liberal Handbook instructions are to immediately label everyone as a "Racist" if they should dare to criticize Obama. Most who use that word can't define it.

You've got to admit...........most presidents are fun.....Ford tripping on ever thing, Bush tossing his cookies on the Japanese Prime Minister, Bill Clinton looking over the Korean DMZ with the lens caps on and how he kept losing his cigars, Bush jr. and the supermarket scanner, Reagan hitting the "launch" button instead of the snooze button.....They just are a wealth of puns. :whistling: Heck even Nixon had his moments when Pat caught him seated in a Pete.............

P.T.CHESHIRE

Heck even Nixon had his moments when Pat caught him seated in a Pete.............

And his presidency went straight to hell from there.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Just to clarify, we have never had a racism problem here and we never will. Religion and politics discussions are one thing but racism wont be tolerated.

However, with that said...those that object to Peterbuilt trash talk will have to just get over it. That's where we draw the line! LOL!

Seriously, it looks like the sampled majority have expressed that off topic discussion is perfectly fine in the prescribed forum area. So form here on out, we'll allow political and religion discussions as normal but again, racism is not permitted! Just please keep the discussions in the Odds & Ends forum or the VIP Lounge and also keep all discussions civil. That's all I ask!

Thanks guys!

Again, unfortunately I no longer get to drive a Peterbilt, so as Randy would say "na-na na boo-boo!"..or something like that.

And I like everything here, there's a place for everything too. Just don't look at "Odds and Ends" if you don't want non-truck related stuff, that's for non truck related topics. It's also the first place I go to, I like the stories, jokes, and dead cow pictures myself. In fact, i'm responsible for a lot of it...I could even be part of the problem...I could even BE the problem, so i'll just leave now...last you'll hear of ol' other dog...bye.

By the way, the whole "Spot the Wonder Dog" series, proudly written by rhasler and other dog and posted in "Odds and Ends", was a masterpiece!..just my opinion of course.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

First topic I hit every visit also. Not because I'm any part of anything, but everybody picks on me so I have to brace myself each and every time I log on.

Rob

Awright, well, okay den, dern your sorry hides, yous gonna get us all in hot water agin. Les keep it clean, brag on obammy, kiss some babies, talk bout something mechanical, discuss inner workings of a turbo,,,etc. Other tom Dog, u wascally wabbit, u aint going nowheres, dust that camera off, and get busy. Cousin Rob, gut it up and get ready to get insulted or sumpin. other than all that, all have a good weekend,,,,,,randyp

Awright, well, okay den, dern your sorry hides, yous gonna get us all in hot water agin. Les keep it clean, brag on obammy, kiss some babies, talk bout something mechanical, discuss inner workings of a turbo,,,etc. Other tom Dog, u wascally wabbit, u aint going nowheres, dust that camera off, and get busy. Cousin Rob, gut it up and get ready to get insulted or sumpin. other than all that, all have a good weekend,,,,,,randyp

naw, i'm serious this time- g'bye!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

This site is going the way of our country - the minority rules. In the survey at the top of this topic less than 15 percent objected. That means 85 percent approved or were not offended. I do not drink alcohol That doesn't mean I don't go into a restaurant that serves alcohol. I simply do not to order a drink. If someone is offended then they can skip over that section. We can't stop the birds from flying over our heads but we certainly can stop them from building a nest on our head The more rules we have now only means there will be more rules in the future. The last I knew in a democratic society the majority rules.

• Like 2

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

HI Denny, I kinda look at it this way:

We didn't invite those with differing opinions to the website but welcome them non the less, including their differing opinions. This is very much still in practice. However, these objectioners feel it is very much in their right to impact other's who do enjoy most everything about the site. Those who are unhappy are just as welcome to leave, or not participate further. No objections from me either way.

Regardless, all are welcome, but the right to impact the majority will not be controlled by the minority. Not in my tenure however. I was confident results produced by the poll when first started were as they have shown.

Rob