Caddilac Mack?

I was on I-294 yesterday and I saw a gold/oarnge/champane color Mack R700 or RS700L. it did not have the tall hood so it may be a pre 1972 RS model??

I think it was pulling a flat bed with a tarped load? i was to busy staring at the tractor. nice big sleeper on the back. lots of tastfull chrome from its era, polished wheels and tanks. On the side of the sleeper it was painted "Caddilac Mack"

anyone ever see this Rig??

• 1 month later...
I was on I-294 yesterday and I saw a gold/oarnge/champane color Mack R700 or RS700L. it did not have the tall hood so it may be a pre 1972 RS model??

I think it was pulling a flat bed with a tarped load? i was to busy staring at the tractor. nice big sleeper on the back. lots of tastfull chrome from its era, polished wheels and tanks.  On the side of the sleeper it was painted "Caddilac Mack"

anyone ever see this  Rig??

I've seen a truck that fits that description pulling a covered wagon on the Ohio pike a few times. It's always going the other way, so i've never seen the name on the sleeper, but based on the color ( sort of a metallic rust ) I'd say it's the same one.

There is a picture of it either here (old site) or maybe Hank's truck pictures that lists the year as a '68.

Jim

Thats the truck I saw :thumb:

Thanks for the pic. I for got about the trick windows. shure is in great shape for an old RS700

On the sleeper it had "cadillac mack" in some funky sticker or vinal decal

Wold love to see some interior shots of this truck.

Thanks again

Trent

Long way between the guards and the front tires, is there a reason for this/

Nigel :chili:

• 3 months later...
I guess a "guard" is the fender.  The RS has a raised cab.  The hood is raised to meet the cab.  The later RS have the fenders lowered about 4 inchs relative to the top of the hood.

I thought I've seen every type of R model but the RS is awsome being raised up. An RS with 12x24 rubber would turn a few heads,Tim :thumb:

I have heard from the oldtimers that the R700s and RS700s were macks "top dogs" of the R model family back in the day. Then the superliners took over. I dont know about you but the Superdogs and RS macks were always my top pic with the "new" macks. I still think they have nice body lines that many new trucks dont have because of aero concerns

I have heard from the oldtimers that the R700s and RS700s were macks "top dogs" of the R model family back in the day. Then the superliners took over. I dont know about you but the Superdogs and RS macks were always my top pic with the "new" macks. I still think they have nice body lines that many new trucks dont have because of aero concerns

We've all talked about the trucks Mack is selling "down under" and I think it would be in Macks interest if they sold them hear too. I think they would pull in a lot of customers,Tim :thumb: Superliner and the Titan