Good morning,

I have a chance to save a B-61 dump truck from the scrap man, I was asking a fella about a 352 Pete with a v 12 detroit thats been sitting for many years but was told it will never be sold; but I have this old mack in the woods I'm getting rid of he says,He had already chiseled the radiator out of it, I hope to convince him to sell me the whole truck for parts as it is still pretty complete, just wondering the weight.Of course the scrap dollars are in his eyes!

B61

approx. 14' steel body ( dump )

diesel

65?

Tandem

18 speed quadraplex

Thanks.

Ross

Assuming the main components are still in the chassis and double framed I'd say about 14,000-16,000 pounds. Lot of metal there.

Sad to think so many see only dollars as to value.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I remember two Mack B-61 dump tractors back in Illinois. One was 20,000 lbs + and the other was 22,000 lbs +. You have to figure a heavy speced dump truck has to be at least

5000# heavier than your typical road tractor. Plus you have to add in the dump body 4000#. Paystar @ 30,000 sounds about right. Engine and tranny is pretty constant. its

the frames axles and springs. :twothumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...