Colfax,N.C. Show

other dog

Was glad to see Mr.&Mrs Otherdog too! wish i could have stayed a little longer,but i came right off the truck when i got home this morning,so i was just a little tired! saw a few nice Macks and a few other "Brand-X" makes as well,i stopped by Macks world headquarters on the way home and snapped a few pics,they have a new pinnacle out front now..........................................Mark

post-5836-0-98100000-1320537055_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-72372200-1320537074_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-19702700-1320537108_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-53668600-1320537131_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That Carolina single and the fifties trailer is a D*MN good looking setup!
The Carolina museum in Cherryville,NC has about 14 restored trucks in it B,H,LJ,N etc. they had a little booth set up at the show,and i bought a pretty nice book about the companies history,it has some real nice pictures of some of their equipment over the years,they also had some die-cast trucks for sale as well, a Ford stakebody,a BX Mack tractor-trailer,and a Winross LTL Ford with a set of doubles,all at reasonable prices..................Mark

The Carolina museum in Cherryville,NC has about 14 restored trucks in it B,H,LJ,N etc. they had a little booth set up at the show,and i bought a pretty nice book about the companies history,it has some real nice pictures of some of their equipment over the years,they also had some die-cast trucks for sale as well, a Ford stakebody,a BX Mack tractor-trailer,and a Winross LTL Ford with a set of doubles,all at reasonable prices..................Mark

I didn't see the Mack guys there- I always buy a hat, tee shirt, or something from them.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Just thought of a question that has never occured to me until now. What is the differance of the Diamond Reo's and the Diamond T's? I recall my dad saying to me that the WW2 outfit he was in had Diamond T's pulling the heavy equipment.

mike

There used to be REOs and Diamond T's, before they became Diamond Reo. White Motor Co. took over Diamond T in 1958, and bought out REO Motor Truck Co. in 1957. They combined the names to become Diamond REO in 1967.

There used to be REOs and Diamond T's, before they became Diamond Reo. White Motor Co. took over Diamond T in 1958, and bought out REO Motor Truck Co. in 1957. They combined the names to become Diamond REO in 1967.

So in other words their was never a Diamond Reo, only a Reo? This is some very good info....thanks Tom.

mike

So in other words their was never a Diamond Reo, only a Reo? This is some very good info....thanks Tom.

mike

Here's an original Reo...

and an original Diamond T...

and a Diamond REO...

Those Diamond T's were good looking trucks, like a Bighorn Dodge, ahead of their time and would look good today...just my opinion.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/dt_trucks.htm

I don't know about that, i'm a one finger typer!..then I had to go look at a history book, "Big Rigs of the 1950's" to see if I had my facts straight before I posted.

Ats a good book! i have all three of the series,and look at them quite a bit...................Mark

Here ya are Mike! i had a late uncle who drove a Diamond T 6X6 wrecker in Korea,(WW-II surplus) he said it was one HELL of a truck,pull anything,go anywhere,do anything he wanted it to do!...............Mark

post-5836-0-39305800-1320696798_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-79501200-1320696805_thumb.jp

Mark, those trucks are absolutly tuff looking to me. I looked one up on a web-site and found a 1942 M20 Diamond T. It looked like a german design with longer hood, bigger and taller from the ground. Doors were shorter and an open cab. Dad's outfit pulled the big 155's and 240's Artillery around. Just this past weekend, I was going through some papers in the old house and found where dads outfit was the 87th Armored Battalion, 272nd Artilery Company A. It was his old discharge papers. I felt very honored to have him as a father.

Thanks for showing this.

mike