Mack Show October 29 ?

DCR

Recently, Farmer 52 (Ken) and I were talking about having a local show for BMT members, and those invited by BMT members, where we can look at the trucks and have plenty of good conversations. A smaller show is much more intimate as opposed to a Macungie or the other large shows. I was at Macungie this June and it was a great show but many times there were so many people around a truck you didn't know who owned it, who to ask questions to or there was no one around. A smaller show would be much more personal and we could all sit around and talk about our trucks and have a great show and tell.

We have chosen Saturday, October 29th as the date and rather than having it at a public facility it is going to be held at my home. I have room for about 25 trucks and a large garage where we can sit and talk if the weather is not cooperating. I live about a mile off of I 80 at Exit 234 in Hubbard, OH. This exit is the last/first in Ohio and has a Flying J, Truck World and Loves truck stops. There are also hotels available nearby.

The hours would be from 10 to 4 and my wife and I will provide a picnic type lunch and drinks for everyone. Because of the liability involved there will not be any alcohol permitted.

At this point, we need to know how many would be interested in attending. Please contact me by any of the following:

Private Message on BMT forum

E Mail at funeraldir@aol.com

Phone 330-550-6020

Looking forward to a great time. Further info and directions will be made available as we get closer to the time.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Are you coming to Mack Days at Gerharts? There is typically 150 trucks and a more laid back setting.

You are learning what the difference is between a truck show and a car show. At a truck show, most guys park their trucks and head off to enjoy the show. Car show attendees park their cars, open their hoods and trunks, sit on their lawn chairs at the back of their cars and don't talk to anyone except those who talk to them about their cars. I got sick of that a long time ago>

If you want to track a truck oner down, simply ask around. Most times it will only take a few people to get to the owner. Be patient, he is there to enjoy the show too!

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 2 weeks later...

Repeating a Previous post:

Recently, Farmer 52 (Ken) and I were talking about having a local show for BMT members, and those invited by BMT members, where we can look at the trucks and have plenty of good conversations. A smaller show is much more intimate as opposed to a Macungie or the other large shows. I was at Macungie this June and it was a great show but many times there were so many people around a truck you didn't know who owned it, who to ask questions to or there was no one around. A smaller show would be much more personal and we could all sit around and talk about our trucks and have a great show and tell.

We have chosen Saturday, October 29th as the date and rather than having it at a public facility it is going to be held at my home. I have room for about 25 trucks and a large garage where we can sit and talk if the weather is not cooperating. I live about a mile off of I 80 at Exit 234 in Hubbard, OH. This exit is the last/first in Ohio and has a Flying J, Truck World and Loves truck stops. There are also hotels available nearby.

The hours would be from 10 to 4 and my wife and I will provide a picnic type lunch and drinks for everyone. Because of the liability involved there will not be any alcohol permitted.

At this point, we need to know how many would be interested in attending. Please contact me by any of the following:

Private Message on BMT forum

E Mail at funeraldir@aol.com

Phone 330-550-6020

Looking forward to a great time. Further info and directions will be made available as we get closer to the time.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

• 2 weeks later...

Wish you guys were closer nobody does that here on the island, but for me it's close to 800 miles each way.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just a reminder about the Mack show at my home in Hubbard, OH on October 29. It looks like there will be several trucks present. It will be a time to sit around and talk trucks. Please let me know if you are planning on attending. My address is 1469 Hubbard Thomas Rd, Hubbard, Oh. Contact me at 330 550 6020 or through BMT.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

Carl, The next time I'm in Virginia visiting my brother I will contact you.

Larry, You are welcome with B model or not. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

Just watched the 11:00 news/weather and Saturday is forecasted to be 50 and sunshine. Rain is moving out! My address is 1469 Hubbard Thomas Rd. Hubbard, OH. Hubbard is on the Ohio/Pennsylvania border located off of I80 Exit 234. The show will be from 10 to 4. Coffee and donuts in the morning and picnic lunch in the afternoon and it is all free. You just need to show up.

Call me at 330-550-6020 if you have any questions.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

Excellent event today despite the light rain and cold temperature, eight (8) Macks including Denny's two (2) (2-MHs, 2-Bs, F, RW, CH, and R) were parked in his drive. I am sure his neighbors were wondering what in the heck was happening with all these BIG toys. Denny and his wife were the BEST hosts and the food was GREAT too! BMT members attending were Freightrain, 75T, DCR and farmer52 (total of 11 people attended). Hopefully we persuaded a few others to join in the BMT "fun". We talked about another show/meet again next year (probably late October after Gerhart's). I will post some pics later.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

i had the f and the r models there the small size show was a big hit wit me and the guys that came with me good job denny your home is very welcoming and you and your wife went out of your way to make it fantastic i am looking forward to seeing farmers pics thanks again jay

Thanks Ken for the positive thoughts on yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and felt it was a great success. Even though some from the dark side (non Mack owners) were present, they were welcome! We just have to work harder and convince them how wrong they are!

It was good to see the different trucks and sit around the table and talk trucks all,day long. This was the start of a local Mack gathering and we will do it again. Thanks to everyone.

Denny

• Like 1

Denny

330-550-6020

Had a great time. Thanks to Denny and his wife for the warm hospitality. Cant wait for next year!

Imagine the horror as all those trucks turned down a road with a sign stating "No Trucks Allowed"?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"