Less than 30 days to Gerhart Mack Days All Mack Truck show

daveigou

Gerhart's Mack Days all Mack truck show comming Friday Sept 30th & Saturday October 1st.

Friday evening after 5pm is commemeration of the Mack Brothers annual clambake, courtesy of the local ATCA chapter. Family style cook out, entertainment and fellowship, anyone interested is welcome to attend. Donations appreciated.

Saturday October 1st is the main show. All Macks of all ages including fire apparatus are welcome!!!

Truck related flea market and food service on site.

Hosted by Gerhart Machinery Company, 910 Brunnerville Road, Lititz, Pa 17543 Information at www.gerhartmachinery.com or call 717-626-8544

FREE - NO ENTRY FEES - NO ADMISSION CHARGED

PLEASE, NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON PREMISES

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

I'm still planning to make it this year. Spoke to David earlier today reaffirming my plans. I need to get to the Columbia, MO area in the next couple of weeks and will be leaving my place in the Communist Republic of Illinois coming that way. I will be driving the "Trusty, yet Crusty" Dodge to ensure I get there this time. Anybody in attendance there need anything brought? I'll be hauling my 18' car trailer behind the truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm still planning to make it this year. Spoke to David earlier today reaffirming my plans. I need to get to the Columbia, MO area in the next couple of weeks and will be leaving my place in the Communist Republic of Illinois coming that way. I will be driving the "Trusty, yet Crusty" Dodge to ensure I get there this time. Anybody in attendance there need anything brought? I'll be hauling my 18' car trailer behind the truck.

Rob

If ye're askin...you can bring me two B-Model vent window frames with good latches, a stock B-Model drivers seat frame and seat, two restorable B-model battery boxes with lids, A glove box door with good hinges and latch, and a couple of rusty hood latches for a B-model...oh yeah, a set of angle irons to mount a fifth wheel on a truck with cast external style trunnion cut outs... :twothumbsup:

I have a fixed base seat frame I can bring. The window latches come up from time to time as reproductions out of Chicago and work well. A glove box door and hinges is gonna be tough as they are getting scarce. Hood latches? do you need the front, or rears? The angle iron sides will most likely need to be fabricated locally as there are so many variants.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have a fixed base seat frame I can bring. The window latches come up from time to time as reproductions out of Chicago and work well. A glove box door and hinges is gonna be tough as they are getting scarce. Hood latches? do you need the front, or rears? The angle iron sides will most likely need to be fabricated locally as there are so many variants.

Rob

I'd like the seat frame...do you have a seat that can be recovered? 1 rear hood latch is all I need...mine are rusty, and I am not ready for pretty stuff yet, but I have one where the spring is stretched beyond holding the latch tight...

Do you need just the bottom, or complete frame? I found some latches too. I'll have to look at a seat complete. They were plywood and springs so I'll have to see what I have. Do you have something that could be used as a pattern?

Rob

Do you need just the bottom, or complete frame? I found some latches too. I'll have to look at a seat complete. They were plywood and springs so I'll have to see what I have. Do you have something that could be used as a pattern?

Rob

The complete frame...I have never seen a stock seat in person so I am only guessing by looking at the bolt holes in my floor and rear "deck", and what few internet pictures I can find...

I was going to go for a viking T-Bar as I could make a lower frame for it...the truck came with a bostrom air ride, but sitting all the way down on the floor, it was about four inches too high...I took the seat off and rode on the bare frame for a while...now I have the seat pad on a wooden frame that is not bolted down! (unsafe I know!) I figured the stock seat would be about the same height as the double passenger seat that is in the truck and may look better...

The complete frame...I have never seen a stock seat in person so I am only guessing by looking at the bolt holes in my floor and rear "deck", and what few internet pictures I can find...

I was going to go for a viking T-Bar as I could make a lower frame for it...the truck came with a bostrom air ride, but sitting all the way down on the floor, it was about four inches too high...I took the seat off and rode on the bare frame for a while...now I have the seat pad on a wooden frame that is not bolted down! (unsafe I know!) I figured the stock seat would be about the same height as the double passenger seat that is in the truck and may look better...

They sit real close to the same height. I'll bring you a frame and see about the seat itself.

Rob

I think I will bring both of my Superliners this year. It has been a while since both of them have been there. I will probably bring the D-model as well.

I was going to volunteer to drive one of you superliners to the show, but I see you are right down the road from Lititz! :blush:

I was going to volunteer to drive one of you superliners to the show, but I see you are right down the road from Lititz! :blush:

He can only drive one at a time so volunteer!!

Rob

Stay tuned for updates. I hope we get some good drying weather the next couple weeks. We had somewhere between 10 - 12" of rain here this week, I'm glad the show is not this weekend!

Last year we had 7" of rain Thursday before the show, but we got through it.

6X6's and half-tracks welcomed!!

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/