Illinois Antique Farm Equipment Show

other dog

I was passing through Illinois,minding my own business,when I saw a sign at a farm equipment dealer about an antique farm equipment show this weekend. It was at exit 197 on I-74, between Champaign/Urbana and Danville. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about it because after I saw the sign I met some great looking tractors -not even sure if that's the show they were headed too,but I saw one in particular parked in a rest area that I was trying to find a picture of. Looked like the Minneapolis Moline model with the full cab on it, but this one was red and looked like a '50 something Ford pickup truck. Same grill and front end, cab sitting back over the rear wheels.Really neat looking! I don't know if it was a Minneapolis Moline somebody put the Ford truck cab on, or something someone built in the barn one winter.Wish I could have gotten a closer look at it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

The 'Half Century of Progress' show is going on, preceeding the Farm Progress show which is this week-tuesday, wednesday and thursday. Happens every other year when the Farm Progress show is in IL. I believe the Half Century show is in Rantoul, IL, north of Champaign about 15 miles on I-57.

If you go on youtube there are a ton of videos of it. I'd like to go sometime, but work never permits. But this year I plan on going to the Farm Progress show.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

The 'Half Century of Progress' show is going on, preceeding the Farm Progress show which is this week-tuesday, wednesday and thursday. Happens every other year when the Farm Progress show is in IL. I believe the Half Century show is in Rantoul, IL, north of Champaign about 15 miles on I-57.

If you go on youtube there are a ton of videos of it. I'd like to go sometime, but work never permits. But this year I plan on going to the Farm Progress show.

Thanks for the clue- I sniffed out their website and looked at some pictures, but they were mostly working equipment demonstrations. Didn't see any of strictly show tractors, which is probably what I saw was. I met a four wheel drive John Deere with chrome all over it, and a 1468 IH V8 with 2 chrome stacks too. I was even gonna stop Friday where I first saw the sign because I thought that's where the show was, but there was nothing going on there-except the sign! I loaded at Independence Tube in Marseilles Thursday night.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.