Power Day - Hagerstown

Doug Maney

SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2011

10:30 TIL 4:30

:MackLogo:

Volvo Powertrain North America

13302 Pennsylvania Avenue

Hagerstown, MD 21742

Plant tours, Drive-A-Truck, food, displays, merchandise, kids’ activities and a few special surprises, including the

:mack1: Granite MEGATRON truck from Transformers 3!

Event is open to the community!

THEY HAVE REQUESTED A DISPLAY OF

:mack1: AND volvo TRUCKS FOR THIS EVENT. TRUCKS SHOULD BE ON THE GROUNDS BY 9:00AM.

ALL MODELS OF

:mack1: TRUCKS AND volvo TRUCKS ARE INVITED.

:clock_logo:

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DISPLAYING A TRUCK, PLEASE CONTACT ME SO I CAN GIVE THEM A HEADS UP FOR HOW MUCH SPACE WE WILL NEED.

:rmod_mix::rmod_dump::bmod_dump::bmod_mix:

THERE WILL BE A CONVOY FROM MY AREA EARLY MORNING ON THE 17TH IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

THANKS, DOUG

Volvo_Celebration_Flyer-5522.pdf

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

The more Macks, the better!

This is the first time it has been open to the public with antique trucks on display in years.

What a great opportunity to bring back the "Bulldog Round-up" feeling of yesteryear!

And the engine plant is an amazing place to tour as well. Same great Mack people in an amazingly clean and advanced factory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We'll be out of town for a couple of weeks of R&R in Hawaii (life sucks, but somebody has to keep the economy going) so we'll miss this one. Any idea if they plan on making this an annual event?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Any idea if they plan on making this an annual event?

The show in Hagerstown is connected to the anniversary celebration. But an annual show at Hagerstown would be great but when? Macungie is in June, Watt's is in August, and Gerhart's is in October. Perhaps a spring show in early May would be a good time. I also thought about an annual event at the Mack Museum. I will talk to my friends at Mack and suggest these events.

Doug - maybe you can make some suggestions too.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

There is no word on this being an annual event, at this point. The info on the entire deal has been limited.

Here is the deal on a show at the MCC. This has been discussed, the main problem is trying to find a weekend that doesn't have anything else scheduled. If we would have it in the spring, it would interfere with the planning for the Antique Truck Club of America National Meet at Macungie. It all comes down to a few doing alot. A fall show at the MCC would be great, but when do you have it? Fall Carlisle, Hershey, Mack Days, Tri-State and many other shows going on. At this point we are on hold and if an opportunity arises, we will jump on it.

For now, support your local shows, each of you are an ambassador for the Antique Truck hobby. Act appropriately, be courteous, personable and make people want to know more about our interest.

If you are not a member of the Antique Truck Club of America, please consider joining. We work hand in hand with the fine folks at Mack and look forward to keeping that relationship for many years to come.

Doug

Underdog will be there... I have missed almost the entire season of shows being so busy at work (making hay while the sun shines!), but this being a special one time event, I took off a few days ahead to be sure I and my truck will be ready!

Look for me with my CX613, as it is the only iron that I have up & running at this time. This truck is my HAYMAKER so it has taken priority over the antiques and consequently most of my time this summer. We are both looking forward to a great weekend in Hagerstown. Looks like even the weatherman may be kind to us on Saturday!

Gregg

This event happens every year around this time. Up until a few years ago it was open to the public (bad economic turn=big downsize=employees only). I expect that if the first year of being open to the public again goes well that it will become an annual thing again.

At least thats what alot of ppl hope will happen. Hope the Macks make a good showing this year and the kids have fun!

We had a good trip to Power Day in Hagerstown. I will post photos sometime later. It come off quite a bit better than most of us expected. It did remind you of the Bulldog Round-Up prior to it's demise. There were about as many trucks as I figured, a good turnout. If this keeps going I can see it growing. I think they could consider bringing back the name "Bulldog-Round-Up" because the only volvos in attendance were Powertrain owned.

I would also urge them to open the event to other brands. It is important to have inferior trucks to compare the Mack Trucks to.

A good time had by all! My 10-year-old daughter Maggie had a blast. Lots of activities for the kids. Dad had fun too with a good turnout of trucks and tours of the plant.

At one point I asked Maggie if she felt bad for the VOLVO people... the Mack Shop was swarmed with customers as we looked over at the empty Volvo store. "Should we go at least browse the Volvo merchandise?" Her reply? "NAAAHHH!!!"

I have to give credit to Volvo and all who contributed for sponsoring a wonderful event.

Gregg