Sign in to follow this  
Rob

I Wish Someone Would Buy This And Work With It:

http://albany.craigslist.org/atq/2498939440.html

I'd love to install a 26' rollback body onto this and use it. Always have liked the looks of the "L", and "A" series Macks. However, if I drag another truck home I'm afraid my life would be cut very short.

Rob

That is one nice truck. Now all I need is a bigger piece of property and a low boy.

• Like 1

I read somewhere about that truck being used as a water truck at a local dirt track.

I read somewhere about that truck being used as a water truck at a local dirt track.

I'd read that too but can't remember where. I've seen the truck advertised in a few different places.

Rob

Ebay , it was used for the last 20 or 30 years as a water truck. Im sure the frame is rusty. That was what I was worried about. Jay

looks like a good fixerupper,,pretty much all there,and pretty good shape,for a work horse,,,like to have it.didnt see price,or engine details im also a big fan of that style...not a big fan of LT.lol...might as well buy a (pete). :mack1::banana: //////bob

If it does have a 672, then it has its original Mack-Lanova diesel engine. A very rare find! Very nice truck.

Going to Hanes Falls {near Hunter) to see my cousin this weekend, it's only hop Albany. We'll try to see it. Paul

Rob i think i see your name on the doors.

Ya know, "Momma" really does like her A-40 and this "L" series looks so close I may be able to swing it. Of course if I'm wrong, "I'LL SWING".

Rob

post-78-0-69644200-1312255389_thumb.jpg

The LF reminds me of one I drove in 1956 or '57. It was a 10-wheel dump with a Mack-Lanova and a duplex. Does anyone remember Cooney Bros. out of Tarrytown, New York? Any interest in swapping a few stories about those old days?

Apparently not very interested in selling it. I called friday afternoon and evening, saturday a couple of times and sunday before we left Hunter to come home. We were only 40 miles or so from it and just kept getting told to call back in a few hours. :( Paul

Apparently not very interested in selling it. I called friday afternoon and evening, saturday a couple of times and sunday before we left Hunter to come home. We were only 40 miles or so from it and just kept getting told to call back in a few hours. :( Paul

geeeeeees!!!,,aint that a b----h,,,thats what u get for your efforts,of coarse the party mighta been off for the weekend,,,but then again,no cell phone???lol.bob :whistling:

Ya know, "Momma" really does like her A-40 and this "L" series looks so close I may be able to swing it. Of course if I'm wrong, "I'LL SWING".

Rob

man,,,thats nice clean truck,,looks like only needs paint,wow...bob

geeeeeees!!!,,aint that a b----h,,,thats what u get for your efforts,of coarse the party mighta been off for the weekend,,,but then again,no cell phone???lol.bob :whistling:

We got a live person only taking messages while her boss was out working. I still got a week left of forced vacation, so I'll try a few more times and send over my cousin. Paul

We got a live person only taking messages while her boss was out working. I still got a week left of forced vacation, so I'll try a few more times and send over my cousin. Paul

ah,,,gotcha,,are you concidering it for yourself?bob

ah,,,gotcha,,are you concidering it for yourself?bob

It's a runner, I'm interested. My AC chassis is a project I hope to live long enought to finish and my mixer has a full drum of concrete ,so thats a project too. :whistling:

It's a runner, I'm interested. My AC chassis is a project I hope to live long enought to finish and my mixer has a full drum of concrete ,so thats a project too. :whistling:

ahrite,,,hope it works out,and he doesnt want a fortune.good luck.bob

Just don't try to un-stick the drum like they did on that Mythbuster show. Still can't believe da bums blew up a perfectly good Mack!

dumbasses,,,shoulda used a volvo.bob :thumbsdown:

dumbasses,,,shoulda used a volvo.bob :thumbsdown:

I can't watch that kind of garbage.

Rob

Those people are nuts. My thoughts with the drum is after I have it lifted off is to quarter it, empty it and re weld it. It will never be functional just look the part. Paul