Moving On The B67 Finally:

Rob

I like zep my self. I use the power and mix my soap for the pressure washer.

Looks like Grainger handles the Zep line of products but not the powders. I'll call Zep today and find a distributor.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't even know if their still in business or not,but we always had good luck with "Safety-Kleen" products in parts washers,etc. I cant remember the the name of their de-greaser,but it worked very well,especially on built up gunk around the trans./bellhousing. Put it on with a brush,wait a few minutes,and then you could easily blast off with a pressure washer...............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I ordered what I need in powder form from Zep directly. The warehouse in Glendale, IL so overnight delivery. Actually was able to speak with one of their chemists to evaluate the needs and match the product.

Good ole fashioned support I'm gonna say.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't even know if their still in business or not,but we always had good luck with "Safety-Kleen" products in parts washers,etc. I cant remember the the name of their de-greaser,but it worked very well,especially on built up gunk around the trans./bellhousing. Put it on with a brush,wait a few minutes,and then you could easily blast off with a pressure washer...............Mark

Safety-Kleen is still very much in business in this area. I don't use them due to prices and the gorilla helps deal with that. Now that randyp has discovered my "secret weapon" I know I'm gonna have problems but I still hold the upper hand. She has PPMS, (perpetual premenstal syndrome and it is viscious) but it's our secret, so don't share it.

Rob

We used to have a ZEP dealer in Peoria. I always liked their stuff cause it worked. We used powdered alkaline soap in the hot tank at the machine shop I worked in. If you splashed that stuff on the front of your pants you'd loose three layers of testicle meat before you got your pants off. Your parts however would be very, very clean.

I'll have to look for a distributor somewhat local.

Thanks,

Rob

they have always had really strong products,zep,great products,good deal on your success,,gives me inspiration to work on mine,,,you are a good shoe up my ass,,,lol...bob

they have always had really strong products,zep,great products,good deal on your success,,gives me inspiration to work on mine,,,you are a good shoe up my ass,,,lol...bob

:clap: mowerman, I just can't resist, but it is not his shoe. :lol:

I hope everything comes out alright mowerman. :lol:

Best Regards

mike

P.S. Sorry I could not help it.

:clap: mowerman, I just can't resist, but it is not his shoe. :lol:

I hope everything comes out alright mowerman. :lol:

Best Regards

mike

P.S. Sorry I could not help it.

now that was friggen hilarious,,although a little crooked,,and you know it,mike..lol.(HAPPY FRIDAY FELLARS) hehe still laughing :banana: bob

now that was friggen hilarious,,although a little crooked,,and you know it,mike..lol.(HAPPY FRIDAY FELLARS) hehe still laughing :banana: bob

Better me than randyp. He has no brains, but.........

Rob

hahaha,,knew there would be a response on this one right quick..bob :rolleyes:

You are alright until he starts to pulling your hair or ears.

Just don't make any sounds that could be construed as a "squeal" cause this will send him into a frenzy.

Rob

Well, I got these chemicals from ZEP out of Chicago sitting here in containers. I went out back and grabbed my 250 gallon removable lid oil tank that is going to be converted into a "hot tank". I bought chemical that when kept between 185-190 degrees will remove grease, grime, dirt, rust, and paint. The same thing machine shops use to hot tank engine parts. This tank measures 30" deep, 28" wide, and 68" in length. This will be great as it is deep enough for partially submerging doors, fenders, and the likes of old trucks. Been thinking of building something like this for a couple of years. By submerging parts I can eliminate/remove the rust that forms in panel laps such as where an inner, and outer shell of a door are put together. Besides separating the panels, there really is no other way. I have a couple of old water heater burners that can be used for the heating source, just have to build a fire box under the tank. This can go inside my storage garage in the rear yard which will keep it out of the shop.

If all works as evisioned, I'll have a tank built large enough to submerge a complete cab assembly as there is room in that garage.

Rob

Well, I got these chemicals from ZEP out of Chicago sitting here in containers. I went out back and grabbed my 250 gallon removable lid oil tank that is going to be converted into a "hot tank". I bought chemical that when kept between 185-190 degrees will remove grease, grime, dirt, rust, and paint. The same thing machine shops use to hot tank engine parts. This tank measures 30" deep, 28" wide, and 68" in length. This will be great as it is deep enough for partially submerging doors, fenders, and the likes of old trucks. Been thinking of building something like this for a couple of years. By submerging parts I can eliminate/remove the rust that forms in panel laps such as where an inner, and outer shell of a door are put together. Besides separating the panels, there really is no other way. I have a couple of old water heater burners that can be used for the heating source, just have to build a fire box under the tank. This can go inside my storage garage in the rear yard which will keep it out of the shop.

If all works as evisioned, I'll have a tank built large enough to submerge a complete cab assembly as there is room in that garage.

Rob

Here are a few photo of the tank that will become my "hot tank". I'll get a burner built for it this next week and will be in shape for my own usage.

The top cover when inverted make for a nice cover. I'll hinge this to the tank and using a crank and pulley system not have to touch it when hot.

Rob

post-78-0-87712400-1310313970_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-04496400-1310313983_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-44946000-1310313996_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-38313000-1310314012_thumb.jpg