What Is Your Favorite Mack Era?

January's Poll  

426 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Mack Truck Design Era?

• The Early Years 1901-1930
    • The World Wars Era 1931-1949
    • The 50' & 60's Era 1950-1969
    • The 70's & 80's Era 1970-1989
    • The 90's Era 1990-1999
    • Late Model Era 2000-2008

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will have to say an 88 superliner, best year..... Cause well they were made in my year! :) just superliner a in general and non of that Aussie new superliner either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88 I'm feeling bloody old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Kind of late to this forum but I did cast my vote for 50/60's. I was a 10 year old truck nut when the B came out- didn't like the round cab vs. the "L"s- but in my neck of the woods Macks ruled-in particular in construction. When I was working my way through school driving a Binder B-180, V-345 5/2 dump in early/mid 60's I looked at the "old guys" driving B's as the fortunate ones!

Never did get to drive a B until 40 years later when I bought my first project-on second thought, when I entered the corporate world we did have a couple of B's left in the fleet and I can remember moving a single axle B with a "Unishift". R models-another story-plenty of those in my life and they would be my next choice, including the U,DM era.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Not fair Barry!!!!! I really enjoy the B's of the 50's & 60's, but I grew up with the Macks of the 70's & 80's!

This is my story as well. I like the Bs, especially the B81s (they are my favorite Macks of all-time), but steel-nosed DMs and R models are hard to beat.

I voted '70s and '80s.

I think we should start a poll on what series Mack truck is the most popular series when people hear the word Mack truck what comes to your mind ? I think in my opinion first place goes to the R series for sure even if your not a Mack enthusiast everyone knows the R series . Followed by the B series in second , then I think the CH series one of my personal favorites like em or not you can't deny there popularity

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think we should start a poll on what series Mack truck is the most popular series when people hear the word Mack truck what comes to your mind ? I think in my opinion first place goes to the R series for sure even if your not a Mack enthusiast everyone knows the R series . Followed by the B series in second , then I think the CH series one of my personal favorites like em or not you can't deny there popularity

You are 100% correct about Rs and Bs. Anybody with any exposure to trucking at all would answer the same way, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure which would be my favorite but drove Cruseliner cab overs in the late 70s. What a p.o.s. Turn the steering wheel to beat hell and the best you could hope for was the steer axle would deflect, sure as hell wouldn't turn. Damn thing went 25 mph in reverse, steering would never keep up. Dropped turbos yearly. Differentials would give it up often. Pulled into Mack shop in Spokane with one cog that would catch occasionaly. Left trailer by the lake and limped it in. Cab was nice and comfortable as I remember.

Bought a gold bulldog, had plans to mount it on the toilet. Every time you flushed you had to grab the dog. Was not happy with those trucks. Never mounted it but still have a gold dog new in box. Company bought them from Min-Dak Mack in Crookston Mn. Spent many hours there waiting for repair work to be completed!

Remember the local freight company, Stordahl Trucking, had the classiest trucks when I was a kid-B models.They always had the look-like a truck should. Have a 1952 A model now. Like the looks but think one would have to be 5'6" or less to drive it. My problem is I am 5' 16" and don't fit.

I'd have to say mid to late 1970s R models are my favorite: because they remind me of when I was young! I drove three different R686STs, the first one had a 5 speed and a worthless Dynatard. The other two had six speed lo holes. The one I spent the most time in was a 1976 DM685S farm pick up truck. Lots of good times in that one with my AC/DC 8 tracks blasting!

70s and 80s because I love my RS700. However it does have a 1990 E7 engine...

The E7 was probably the pinnacle of Mack motors. We have owned many old 2 valves and they are a GREAT motor they just run and run and run and then run some more. Our RDs with E7 and 8LL have been very good trucks. Although I personally prefer the 12 speed trans.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...