Interesting New Trucks

• 3 weeks later...

thanks 3p . my brother will be excited to get it. maybe next yr or the year after ill get mine . im thinking about colors now . i want a custom paint job on mine possibly 3 tone marroon charcoal and silver like my dads superliner.

thanks 3p . my brother will be excited to get it. maybe next yr or the year after ill get mine . im thinking about colors now . i want a custom paint job on mine possibly 3 tone marroon charcoal and silver like my dads superliner.

Something I haven't seen in a long time is an old school Mack paint job adapted to a new truck. It would be pretty sweet to use one of the old Superliner paint schemes but adapt it to fit the newer body lines and it would have the added bonus of being a one of a kind truck. I look at the new trucks today and wonder where the style and sense of individuality went I would do it if I was getting a new one. Just think how many black trucks with red frames are out there heck there's 2 or 3 near me.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

i have been looking at the lines of the titan we have now and i think i could design a really nice paint scheme to fit the lines of the truck. the hood of the titans have similiar lines if a superliner on top of the hood. my dads truck has charcoal grey stripe runnung down the center of the top of the hood with siler stripe coming up over the hood from the sides of the truck and charcoal stripes as well on the side so this is my plan. when the time comes i get to order a new truck im going to give the salesman a picture of the superliner and see what mack will do to adapt it that paint scheme to a titan.

i have been looking at the lines of the titan we have now and i think i could design a really nice paint scheme to fit the lines of the truck. the hood of the titans have similiar lines if a superliner on top of the hood. my dads truck has charcoal grey stripe runnung down the center of the top of the hood with siler stripe coming up over the hood from the sides of the truck and charcoal stripes as well on the side so this is my plan. when the time comes i get to order a new truck im going to give the salesman a picture of the superliner and see what mack will do to adapt it that paint scheme to a titan.

That would look great and you'd have a one of a kind truck with some old school style, every time I see a KW with the old school stripes it makes me smile and they are happy to keep it alive over at KW.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got some pics of new Granites at Rogers Manufacturing waiting on dump bodies, the orange truck was super heavy duty, 20k front on 445 floats, 65 rears on 12r24's and an Allison automatic.

post-5240-0-74829500-1375883588_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-25744500-1375883625_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Those white Granites look like they could be Dept Of Sanitation NYC. They had a bunch of new Tri axles in Breezy Point when we were doing the storm cleanup. I don't remember what bodies they had but the chassis looks similar specced.

Rob

• 2 months later...

68 of those LNG trucks are supposed to be heading to Nashville asap, STAXX just got trained for em.

• 2 weeks later...

Does UPS only debadge the manufacturers' "text" insignias? I see the bulldog is still on the hood.

The Bulldog is a functional component of the truck. Mack is the only brand with a manufacturers logo on UPS trucks. This order also has the Mack natural gas emblem on the door.

The Bulldog is a functional component of the truck. Mack is the only brand with a manufacturers logo on UPS trucks. This order also has the Mack natural gas emblem on the door.

Actually all the newer UPS trucks still have the badges on em, the KW's still have the keyhole emblems and the IH's still have the International emblem.

Wish I would of gotten a pic of it but had a Triaxle Titan come in to Galveston to load this afternoon. Was talking to the driver after he offered to help with the loading. Pics to come later. He came out of an ISX Cummins powered T8 wide hood. He said he was not a Mack man till he drove this. It walks all over the Kw. it is a 2011 year model and only had a few little problems. main thing is the exhaust tips. But he loves it. Company he is at has 2 others also.