Mack Rw Superliner Scale Model

• 4 weeks later...

Pawel: I sure hope you finish that truck before the folks over at the mental institution come haul you away! You must be crazy to attempt such detail in such a small model :notworthy:

All kidding aside, looks great ........keep an eye out for a couple of guys carrying a large white jacket with lots of buckles!!!! :loldude:

• Like 1

Larry - thanks a lot!

gearhead204 - thanks for your comment! I agree with you - those air brakes are no longer healthy... But then look at my baby - does that bulkhead look right without all that spaghetti? I say no. Would like to put at least SOMETHING there, but I know it won't look right before I understand the machine and what is going on there.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day

Paweł

The details you are adding are fantastic!

Question, why is the steering box mounted on the axle? I saw it in the first photo in your last post. Thanks Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Never really looked close at Superliner 1 differences from the 2's. Interesting. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hello everybody! Thanks a lot for your comments!

Paul - I'm glad I could show you something new to you. That's what models are good for!

Matt - yeah, and it took me a great deal of researching to get it right!

Timothy, Superdog - thank you for your kind words, gentlemen!

Thanks for reading and have a nice day

Paweł

Pawel if you ever get that one finished I'll send you another kit to start one for me.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

84superdog - you say it so often I'm getting used to that thought, which is a good thing :-) I'd suggest you start taking pictures of your machine right away! And I mean guts - the radiator, insides of the hood, under the cab - stuff like that. We could write a book about modelling the Superliner together! Thanks for your comments and have a nice day

Paweł

unbelievable workmanship and patience,I'll bet you will even have a tiny set of keys for it.

Anyone remember this video?

When Pawel gets his to actually run(and drive)..........we'll know he has fallen over the edge!!!! LOL!!

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hi Pawel,

I never cease to be amazed by the level of detail going into your Superliner.

I've currently got 2 models on the go, an RS700L based on the Italeri kit you used and a valueliner based on the AMT R model kit.

I want to go that extra mile with the plumbing and wonder if you could help with images of brake line components and valves etc.

You seem to have far more of an idea of what's what than I do.

I hope to see the completed Superliner soon!

Alastair

Freightrain - cool video! Nah, I never had the ambition to build my model THIS close to the original... I just want to understand the Superliner and show it to the people who don't know it.

Alastair - Thanks a lot for your kind words! That Italeri kit isn't going to help you a lot, unfortunately, it's a real pain... As for the plumbing - I'm with you here. Without it the truck just looks bare and incomplete. Are we talking frame, or also under the hood? The rear frame is relatively easy, under the hood you have a real jungle there, not only the brake system, but also the fuel lines, water lines, air conditioning, power steering and the wiring harness to top it off... Needs a lot of research. As for the brake system, I'll try to help you. But first, try to download the Bendix air brake catalog - it has lots of good info and also the drawings of all the valves, even with dimensions. Please get back to me after you take a look at that catalog, I'll try to tell you what I used.

Thanks a lot for your comments and have a nice day

Paweł

Alastair - those models looks really good! That RS700L is going to be a smash! I'm glad I could help you with that bendix catalog. Thare's also a site called heavytruckparts.com - where you can buy used truck parts and thay have a lot of photos. Take a good look at Mack rear axle cutoffs - they are cut together with the ari lines and the photos show pretty well which line goes where, especially when you notice that almost all twin screw Macks are hooked up in a very similar way - R's, DM's, MR's.

The piping under the cab is more complicated. Like I still don't know where the quick release valve for the front axle sits in most Macks. The location I've shown in my model is copied from Neil's truck (thanks again, Neil!).

Anyhow, if you have specific questions, please post them, I'll try to answer if I can, and if I can't, well maybe our forum friends can. Thay helped me a lot many times already - thanks a lot for that!

Marcel67 - Thanks a lot! In my case the problem is I take too long to build and don't have too much done trucks to show! For now please stay tuned for more work in progress pics!

Have a nice day!

Paweł