Mack Rw Superliner Scale Model

Pics, its a V8 truck not a Cummins but it might help.

post-5240-0-56722800-1365819413_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-74295200-1365819447_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-97826000-1365819493_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-19294200-1365819543_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Timothy - sorry for replying so late. I didn't actually turn the stanchions myself, I misused ones they sell for ship modellers. Polished them a little by gripping them in a small electric drill and used very fine nail polisher, worked just fine.

In fact I painted the rails silver since, here's what it looks like now:

sleeper30.jpg

I'm also working on an air cleaner under the hood:

aircleaner03.jpg

Real thing photos of the air cleaner and especially its mounting would be greatly appreciated!!!

I also made the rear view mirrors and their brackets:

mirrors01.jpg

mirrors02.jpg

mirrors03.jpg

I actually like how they turned out - hope you lik'em too, thanks for reading and have a nice day

Paweł

the mirrors turned out awesome, nice work there looks great

• Like 1

Pawel what did you use to chrome the mirrors? Wasn't alclad was it ?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hello!

Ryan - thanks a lot for the photos, it's a great help! I just can't get enough reference, now I know I got the bracket about right. as for the mirors, the actual mirrors are made using self adhesive chrome foil, I think it can be bought at furniture stores and advertising companies should also be able to get it. I bought the mirror heads (with the bulldog) from an American comany called A.I.T.M. - American Industrial Truck Models, they have a lot of grat stuff for somebody building a model of a Mack, or a Brockway, it's like their specialty. They are cast in white metal and can be polished to a really bright finish, so that's what I did. Only the small round mirrors were painted with alclad on their backs. The brackets are soldered and made from silver-coated copper wire, electronics stores sell this stuff, at least here in Poland, they are used for high frequency hardware, winding coils and stuff like that.

feticello122 - glad you like them, thanks for your kind words!

Thanks a lot for your comments, have a nice day!

Paweł

Mirrors/brackets look great!

You also can use stainless wire to solder them of.

Harder to work with but would shines brighter when polished.

SS could be soldered good with phosphoric (soldering) acid.

Under the hood filter is going to be looking nice and realistic.

And don't forget to add some real piping and wiring instead of that poor plastic imitation.

Keep on moving!

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again!

Progress on this one had been slow recently, because of my business trips to Germany. But I managed to design the decals for my truck and custom-print them at decalprint.de. Now today it's a holiday in Germany, so that gave me the opportunity to apply the decals and here's what it looks like:

cab39.jpg

cab40.jpg

Look how I made the IFTA stickers! But seriously - those are fictious markings I designed after spending some time on the Wisconsin DOT webpage. Do you see any obvious problems with those markings? Maybe I can correct them yet. Thanks in advance for your help, have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 2

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your comments, I'm glad you like it. I feel much better now that you have had a look at it - I was afraid I could make some obvious mistake with the markings - too little practice with US trucks. Thanks again, have a nice day

Paweł

Larry - thanks a lot!

Vladislav - it's a little tough now, because I'm in germany for some time now, but I'll work on my model as soon as I get back. Thanks for your kind words!

logtruckman - could you please post some pictures to better show what you mean? Thanks in advance!

Thanks again for your comments, have a nice day

Paweł

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...