Mack Rw Superliner Scale Model

slpwlker, shortstack - thanks a lot for your kind words! Say, gennulmen - can you help me with that air dryer location? Where would it be mounted on an early Superliner with a sleeper? Thanks in advance, have a nice day

Paweł

Air drier placement was optional,usually left up to the owner or installer.Most common I've found is behind left fuel tank outside of frame.The cartridge comes out the bottom,so the sleeper does not interfere with changing.Inside the frame on the right side is also a common spot,usually toward the end of the fuel tank.

• 4 months later...

Well OK - still not sure where I'll put the air dryer on my model - but I did a pair of nice toolboxes. I think I'm going to mount them just before the quarter fenders:

toolbox04.jpg

Thanks for looking, have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 1

Hello again!

Today I worked some on the cab interior. First I installed the glass:

cab36.jpg

Then the roof liner was installed. Please note the CB radio - is that a correct location?

cab37.jpg

Then I went on with the lights. Here's how they look installed:

bumper06.jpg

Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 1

Hello again!

Today I worked some on the cab interior. First I installed the glass:

cab36.jpg

Then the roof liner was installed. Please note the CB radio - is that a correct location?

cab37.jpg

Then I went on with the lights. Here's how they look installed:

bumper06.jpg

Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Paweł

Holt Crap!!! You have a huge talent!!! I couldnt have that steady of a hand to put all that stuff in the cab. I'll have to get some pictures of 2 R models I built. They are bad and snap together.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Thanks, Vinny! That's not really such a big deal - like my parachute instructor used to say, after ten thousands of times it's easy :D. It comes with practice. Say, is that CB radio location OK? I still have the option to change it, in case. Thanks again, have a nice day

Paweł

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I started painting the frame recently. Here's what I've got so far:

frame21a.jpg

Hope you like it - if you see something wrong with it, please be sure to post your comments here. Thanks for reading and have a nice day

Paweł

Something wrong?? Yes! You are not close enough for me to drool over it!! Looks perfect!!!!! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks guys, very kind of you - you see I know his truck only from photos, so it's easy for me to mess something up. Vladislav already pointed out (in another thread) that such heavy rear suspension is unusual for a Superliner. I'm not going to change it, but if I started building another one, I'd put 44k rears in it. Anyhow - thanks a lot for your comments and have a nice day

Paweł

Hi Pawel,

I noted, yes, and I was surprized to see that special bogie carriers on the Superliner chassis.

So if anybody has a mind of their use after the 60's I'm in the interest to learn about.

One more over-roof wiev I made on days.

You can also see the bullet-type top lights on Watt's truck sales online shop, just look the forum list.

I'm going to get a set of although the price is a bit off a model-building range :blush:

Vlad

post-3971-0-52798500-1341001610_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-00958400-1341001667_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Hi Pawel,

You are doing a great job. I am a model builder too, and I also like to see accuracy under the cab n hood. I like to see correct chassis under the model. I have an Italeri Superliner but have'nt built it yet. I will be making proper Mack X-members and front chassis section based on Australian trucks.

Did you know that Australian built Superliner and Cruiseliner were built on the R model chassis. Mack also used the R model chassis for the CH and the Titan. The 1st CH's were CHR's Also around 1971 Mack Trucks Australia (MTA) started using the R model chassis for the F model, they were designated FR700.

Regarding the rear end in your model, I think it is a 1/25th scale 58-65,000lb representative. With the detail work you've done on the front carrier I think it is a pretty good 1/24th scale 44,000lb rear.

Jeff

Hi Pawel,

Frame looks absolutely superb. Like Jeff, I'm a stickler for getting things right as far as possible so I like to see the correct frame under a truck. I've seen pictures of a US spec Superliner with that heavy duty trunnion on it and the 80 brochure lists severe service options for the Superliner so I'm sure you can get away with it.

Regarding the parts book cab scans I mentioned in Vinny's cab off thread, I'll get around to it sometime over the next few days. The R cab is from an early RS700L parts book but I just realized that I also have some pages from an RW book though it's the 2nd gen. post 85 model. I'll scan some of that as well.

Alastair

Jeff, Alastair - thanks for your comments and for your kind words.

Jeff - I always wondered about the Aussie Macks, especially the Superliners - I've seen on the photos their frame is neither Superliner I nor Superliner II. Now you tell me it's an R-Model - thanks for the clarification.

Alastair - I look forward to seeing those pics, you can never get too much reference.

I see guys, we think alike. I mean I can't really understand modellers that put a lot of work in their truck models and the fact that they all have Freightliner chassis (like most of the Italeri models) doesn't bother them. Like one company that builds an F-Model cab and it says on thei web page "fits a generic Italeri US frame" - it's a joke. Likewise, the Italeri Superliner cab is also a cruel joke, unless you narrow it, that is. Be careful with that Italeri kit, it's full of errors and traps - I hope you can find some of them looking at this thread. Good luck with your projects and have a nice day

Paweł

Whatever floats your boat when it comes to modelmaking. I too know guys who put a lot of effort into models which are none too accurate but then you can end up spending an awful lot of time trying to get things right and it's really frustrating when you later find you got something wrong!

Thats the beauty of the old AMT and Ertl kits. Although the mold quality was not up to today's standards the kits were pretty faithful to the originals and each truck had the correct frame.

You spot on about the Italeri Superliner, though. It's hard to find anything right about it. I've been rebuilding the cab for my second RS700L build and theres so little Italeri sheet plastic left I'm beginning to think I should have scratchbuilt it!

I can understand why the resin aftermarket suppliers only do cab kits to fit on the "generic US frame". It just wouldn't be commercially viable for them to do the whole lot and if it's an issue, frames are generally easier to scratch build than cabs.

Really looking forward to seeing your RW complete.

Alastair

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

I just installed fuel tanks on my model. In case you wanted to take a look here they are. Please note the straps:

frame28.jpg

Paweł

PS. Does anybody know, which air tank is which on this baby (wet/supply, front axle, rear axle)? Thanks in advance for your help

Hello everybody!

I just installed fuel tanks on my model. In case you wanted to take a look here they are. Please note the straps:

frame28.jpg

Paweł

PS. Does anybody know, which air tank is which on this baby (wet/supply, front axle, rear axle)? Thanks in advance for your help

Good job!!! Them straps are sweet.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg