Sign in to follow this  
Gambi80

When The Levee Breaks...

Anyone on here near Birds Point whatchamacallit...? I want some first hand eyewitness video/accounts/pictures of when they blow it up.

i just heard they were given the green light to blow it,

I think it's BS. They are going to destroy over 130,000 acres of prime farmland and wipe out homes all across that area just to "relieve pressure from the other levees". In 1937 when they blew it up it reduced the river level a few inches...but in a couple hours it was right back up where it had been. Personally, I don't see the point. If the land behind the levee was worth building the levee to protect, then the levee should not be intentionally breeched. If the land behind the levee was deemed to be an acceptable loss when the river levels rise, then the levee never should have been built. Yeah, occasional seasonal flooding can be good for the soil and makes for some productive land...but that's when the water comes in and goes out gradually. When that levee is blown, water is going to rush through the area scrubbing the fertile topsoil from the surface and carrying it downstream.

Probably a good thing I don't live in a soon-to-be-flooded area behind that levee. I would have been positioned with my M1 Garand taking shots at the guys trying to set the explosives. Wonder what would have happened if the MO governor had called up the MO Nat'l Guard to protect the levees from the Army Corps of Engineers...

Anyway, KFVS is the local news channel...supposedly they are going to have live coverage on the TV. Not sure if they stream online or not...might click around and see. Supposed to be happening around 9 pm or so.

I'm just hoping this rain lets up soon. Damn near 2 feet of rain in the last week and a half....and 5 of the next 10 days has more rain in the forecast. Running out of places to put all of it. Rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley-emoticon-000400-large.gif

Ran WAY more miles than I normally do trying to get around flooded/closed roads. :angry:

Well, I'm with you on that one. To me, 130,000+ acres of prime farmland has more worth than Cairo (I've been watching youtube videos of it, wow what a shithole). I hope the people of MO tear the COE to shreds.

Just felt the KABOOM, part of the leve has been blown. Felt like a earthquake. Didnt think we would hear or feel it as we are so far away.

Me thinks Bigen is down thataway too...wonder how he's doin...

I think it's BS. They are going to destroy over 130,000 acres of prime farmland and wipe out homes all across that area just to "relieve pressure from the other levees". In 1937 when they blew it up it reduced the river level a few inches...but in a couple hours it was right back up where it had been. Personally, I don't see the point. If the land behind the levee was worth building the levee to protect, then the levee should not be intentionally breeched. If the land behind the levee was deemed to be an acceptable loss when the river levels rise, then the levee never should have been built. Yeah, occasional seasonal flooding can be good for the soil and makes for some productive land...but that's when the water comes in and goes out gradually. When that levee is blown, water is going to rush through the area scrubbing the fertile topsoil from the surface and carrying it downstream.

Probably a good thing I don't live in a soon-to-be-flooded area behind that levee. I would have been positioned with my M1 Garand taking shots at the guys trying to set the explosives. Wonder what would have happened if the MO governor had called up the MO Nat'l Guard to protect the levees from the Army Corps of Engineers...

Anyway, KFVS is the local news channel...supposedly they are going to have live coverage on the TV. Not sure if they stream online or not...might click around and see. Supposed to be happening around 9 pm or so.

I'm just hoping this rain lets up soon. Damn near 2 feet of rain in the last week and a half....and 5 of the next 10 days has more rain in the forecast. Running out of places to put all of it. Rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley-emoticon-000400-large.gif

Ran WAY more miles than I normally do trying to get around flooded/closed roads. :angry:

Saw this picture today. It's somewhere in Arkansas,forgot exactly where.

Saw this picture today. It's somewhere in Arkansas,forgot exactly where.

That petercar was trying to evacuate when it broke down. The wrecker just didn't get to it in time... :lol:

Musta been following these guys..........

post-5836-0-01081000-1304565064_thumb.jp

Ahhh, the end of a headache.

I see a trucker making a profit with this one.

Rob