What Happened To Pelletier's Titans?

Go to solution Solved by 2010 Titan,

Scroll down in this forum to American Loggers, about 20 topics ago. It has some info on the Pelletier Titans. The first show of this season, they talked about how the one brother rolled the truck and how lucky he was because it rolled on the drivers side.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

maybe they dont want to show the volvo influenced crap on tv?...........the new titan as you call it is a bucket of shit in aus.........why spend 400 thou on a new truck and malvo wont stand by their warranty?......we stopped buying new mack for this reason they are not built like the used to be......just plastic junk!and heard on another forum the pelliteirs titans are the biggest mistake they have made.......

Watched it last night, saw one had some minor damage in a rollover, but it was still on the road, then in one of the yard shots, it looked like one in the background. Looks like at least in early winter they were both still on their feet.

There may have been some problems, but if you compare EPA model year for EPA model year, they all seem to have their share of problems.

Dave

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Watched it last night, saw one had some minor damage in a rollover, but it was still on the road, then in one of the yard shots, it looked like one in the background. Looks like at least in early winter they were both still on their feet.

There may have been some problems, but if you compare EPA model year for EPA model year, they all seem to have their share of problems.

Dave

Talked to a dealer who sell Mack, Volvo and Kenworth. They spec the KW's they sell with Cummins. We asked if the 2010/2011/2012 Cummins they sell had less problems that the MP/D engines and they said no, about equal amount of problems but the MP/D engines were blowing the Cummins away on fuel mileage. They said if we can get the last few bugs worked out of the MP/D engines they will be the best out there.

I just want to know one thing. The few times I have watched he show they run 12' wide or so.They are having problems with roll overs. Know I have sen a Wstar in Ms with a what I assume was a 14' wide trailer axles and all. The trucks where 12' if memory serves me correct. Why not build a truck and trailer with a wider stance at is the equivalent of the trailer to be more stable? Not that much harder to turn. JMHO

• 2 years later...

Not long after I heard the one truck rolled, I saw it on the site for bigtrucksalvage.com, a site that they auction off savage. the truck was on there and let me tell you, it was TWISTED. Don't know who bought it but you can buy it back from the insurance company for the right price.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I like the pic of the pacific tractor with the offset cab looks like some mack influence. If Vinny sees there is another offset cab truck he'll be into the big iron. And who could blame him there just cool. Just like the old Cline coal haulers we used to have here

Now that is a truck, one of my favorite names in off highway haulers & specialty heavy haul prime movers. Start a new thread for just Cline trucks!

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Only problim with that is i dont even know where any clines are any more havent seen any for about 10 years or so. Used to be a company close by that rebuilt the clines both prime mover tractors and coal haulers but there outta business now

Only problim with that is i dont even know where any clines are any more havent seen any for about 10 years or so. Used to be a company close by that rebuilt the clines both prime mover tractors and coal haulers but there outta business now

You mean Dayrl Casto?

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck