Superliner Muffler Brackets

Hi,

was wondering if anyone out there would have a set of the aluminum brackets that hold the mufflers to the cab on the superliner 1. I just bought an '84 and these have been mangled by the last owner mounting 10 inch mufflers instead of the 8.75 or 9 " that belong. I need all 4. thanks, steve

I bought some from Mack for my RS700L about 4 years ago. Not sure if they still have stock on them? I could not get the upper mount that hold the top of the stack where it clamps to the stack. I had to copy the stock one out of aluminum.

Just my .02 but the stock brackets are junk. they never seamed to hold the stack correctly. I added driver side stack to my RS700 and the one I drilled and installed was better than the Factory RH side. Still the stack was always a little crooked so I ended up fabing my own mounts using the exsisting holes.

Trent

I dont have good close up shots but this is what it looks like

the under cab brace is welded to the floor and it has provisions to accept a 4" saddle clamp.

the cabs OEM bottom and middle muffler brackets were removed but I left both inner brackets in the cab. I only used the bottom OEM holes to support my home made brace. I made a bracket that uses all 4 holes to both support and hold the Stack/clamp to the cab. The middle OEM muffler clamp just has bolts in the cab to hide the holes. the Rain channel bracket is OEM and I just made a extension to grab the top of the stack. The middle and under cab bracket are the 2 clamps that do most of the support as they are holding both ends of the 90 deg Elbo Firm. the rain channel bracket mainly holds the stack straight and keeps it Steady.

Hope this helps

Trent

post-17-0-93487100-1300656661_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-31030500-1300656680_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-85553700-1300656726_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steve.. all a work in progress.

The set up was not real hard to fab up but welding the new bracket under the cab was a PITA. I did not have room for frame mount muffler brace as the fuel tanks sit to close to the rail and the strap is right where I would need to mount it on the rail.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Steve.. all a work in progress.

The set up was not real hard to fab up but welding the new bracket under the cab was a PITA. I did not have room for frame mount muffler brace as the fuel tanks sit to close to the rail and the strap is right where I would need to mount it on the rail.

Hi, neat truck, you dont know where I can get some of those rs700l badges? Mack here cant get any.

Grant

I bought some nos found on eBay.. they are hard to find but still out there. Might find some from a junk truck and have them related ??

Hi, thanks, I have tried with no luck on those emblems. your exhaust looks neat, I am doing the same but have no muffler on there at all. I have a bunk i can mount the exhaust to tho.

more pics please :)

Grant