100 Days Til Macungie

David

The clock's ticking Rob. Are you going to make it? Will fuel at $4 / gallon crimp anyones plans?

I've already reserved the time off from work. The R612 will be there for sure and hopefully something on the trailer. I'm going to make it no matter the cost for fuel; been "stiffed" too many times in the past!!

My replacement at the radar site is going through the same Eaton school I did last summer right now. He is also staying at the same place.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've already reserved the time off from work. The R612 will be there for sure and hopefully something on the trailer. I'm going to make it no matter the cost for fuel; been "stiffed" too many times in the past!!

My replacement at the radar site is going through the same Eaton school I did last summer right now. He is also staying at the same place.

Rob

Rob what day do you plan on taking off to go out there, i was thinking about wed. june 15th Ron

Rob what day do you plan on taking off to go out there, i was thinking about wed. june 15th Ron

I'm not entirely certain yet. I have both weeks encompassing the event off. Going to try to work with Morgan to all convoy up together. I'm making the assumption he will be going this year also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Will fuel at $4 / gallon crimp anyones plans?

My 1958 F.W.D. firetruck (F554 Waukesha Gas) gets about 3MPG on a good day going downhill, so my show activities will probably slow down this summer, same as the summer of Katrina......However Macungie is only about 20 miles from the house, so that's one of the shows I WILL make it to.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I'm going to be there for the first time, but I'm not sure if I'll bring the 52 or just take the fifth wheel. I really want to bring the truck, but I have to be in MA the week after the show and with the price of fuel so high I don't know if I can trailer the truck to the show and than back to VA before turning around and taking the fifth wheel to MA.

Either way I'm really looking forward to the show. I have heard nothing but great things about it.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Seen diesel at $4.04 per gallon in Peoria, IL today. First time since the last spiking/greed/profiteering took place.

Rob

Seen diesel at $4.04 per gallon in Peoria, IL today. First time since the last spiking/greed/profiteering took place.

Rob

Just paid 4.05/gal. But Macungie is only about 1hr 45min away. So i will be there. This will be my 1st time going to this show. Hope its a good one

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

Every antique truck enthusiast should come to the Antique Truck Club of America National Meet at Macungie. Once you get there it becomes extremely difficult to miss another. This will be my 20th year and I feel like a novice around the veterans. Friday evening in the field behind the combination truck area we hold the ATCA Family Reunion. More info will be available in Double Clutch and on the ATCA website. We have a great time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones every year.

Can't wait to meet all of you.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 2 months later...

I sent my registration check today. Planning to be there on Friday afternoon with my MH612. It will be in its "working clothes". Is there a truck wash nearby?

I'll be there with a few macks and some other trucks. I'll bring my 85 MH 612. If you are coming from the south you can wash your truck at my house. I live 18 miles south of macungie, just off of PA 100.

Just arrived in South Bend with 2 Macks and 2 IH's.

Mike

I'll be there with a few macks and some other trucks. I'll bring my 85 MH 612. If you are coming from the south you can wash your truck at my house. I live 18 miles south of macungie, just off of PA 100.

Just arrived in South Bend with 2 Macks and 2 IH's.

Mike

I was driving east on the OH turnpike this afternoon and saw several "old" trucks headed west.

Thanks for the offer Mike but I am coming from the north (I think). I am planning to drive east on I-80 and then south on the PA turnpike. Or does anyone recommend a better way from Canton, OH?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Farmer52

The is a self-service wash business with a good truck bay just north of the show grounds right on Rt 100, just as you start into Macungie- opposite side of road (east) from the MacDonalds.

The NE Extension of the PA Turnpike is very, very rough- I get off of 80 at Woodland exit and hit 322 to Harrisburg and then up Rt 22 to the show. Mileage is almost identical and no tolls.

There is about 30 miles of 2 lane on 322, but you can move right along. The trip around Harrisburg is congested.

I am coming down Thursday morning from NW PA.

Farmer52

The is a self-service wash business with a good truck bay just north of the show grounds right on Rt 100, just as you start into Macungie- opposite side of road (east) from the MacDonalds.

The NE Extension of the PA Turnpike is very, very rough- I get off of 80 at Woodland exit and hit 322 to Harrisburg and then up Rt 22 to the show. Mileage is almost identical and no tolls.

There is about 30 miles of 2 lane on 322, but you can move right along. The trip around Harrisburg is congested.

I am coming down Thursday morning from NW PA.

Phil,

Thanks for the information about the wash and highway route. I thought about taking 322. I may give it a try. My main concern is the DOT and weigh stations. Running bare foot - no fuel sticker or permit just private vehicle not for hire decals and a copy of the DOT exemption. I may need bail money! :(

I can't get off work Thursday or I would try to meet up with you somewhere along the way.

BTW, I am staying at the Hawthorne Suites on Friday and Saturday nights so if anyone is staying there perhaps we can meet.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Phil,

Thanks for the information about the wash and highway route. I thought about taking 322. I may give it a try. My main concern is the DOT and weigh stations. Running bare foot - no fuel sticker or permit just private vehicle not for hire decals and a copy of the DOT exemption. I may need bail money! :(

I can't get off work Thursday or I would try to meet up with you somewhere along the way.

BTW, I am staying at the Hawthorne Suites on Friday and Saturday nights so if anyone is staying there perhaps we can meet.

It's been raining the whole time out here in South Bend. It reminds me of the mud fest at Macungie 2 years ago. I drove my 1973 Transtar with and PA Antique license. I was pulled over by a state cop in Indiana while looking at my toll ticket. He thought I was texting. Then he said I didn't have on a seat belt. When I pointed out my lap belt he said I needed a shoulder belt in Indiana. He took my license and came back saying I did not need a shoulder belt and wished me a good trip. I don't have a CDL, but he did not say anything about that. My father drove his superliner with a B85 tractor and IH R190 on the trailer and did not get a second look. I wouldn't worry about driving to macungie. Trucks keep coming in here. There are a good number of Macks, but many more Kenworths and Petes then I'm used to seeing. Hopefully the rain will stop tomorrow.

Mike