• 4 weeks later...

This was sitting out front when I went to lunch today. It wasn't there when I came to work and word is that it's already sold!

post-6084-0-48738600-1319162280_thumb.jp

Not sure of the specs on the truck but from a distance it looked pretty good and it's mighty tall! The potential buyer apparently has been pretty impressed with his recent purchase of a 2011 GU with the 505 HP MP8 and Allison transmission. This should be a pretty high profile sale because most of their recent purchases have been Kenworths.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Here are some more pictures of the Titan. It is indeed sold and currently having a fifth wheel, headache/chain rack, and other parts installed before going out the door around 4 AM Monday morning along with the brand new trailer that was purchased along with it. Prolly won't get to see it before it leaves. All day long Everyone was hanging all over it and drooling so much it was hard to get a half decent picture. I talked to the driver that brought it up and he said it was a monster.

post-6084-0-26684000-1319250205_thumb.jp

Rawhide Oxblood interior

post-6084-0-06419500-1319250780_thumb.jp

post-6084-0-58341800-1319250478_thumb.jp

post-6084-0-74637600-1319250523_thumb.jp

Here's the nice shiny DEF tank

post-6084-0-59882100-1319250562_thumb.jp

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

• 4 weeks later...

lmao................it hurt em in austrailia......i cant understand why in the states they dont option a big bunk we can get 68's here, dont matter tho volvo are doing a good job of killing mack off over here .........junk utter junk, new titans with malvo motors , my 7.3 powerstroke'd f truck can out pull these pieces of shit!

Titans in Australia have cummins. No malvo motors till next year and they will be rated at 685hp with 2300ft/pd's of torque. These engines in the volvo's walk past everything up toowoomba range. Cootes fuel haulers love them.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed on the Mack website the world's strongest men pulling a Titan. Funny thing was the front end looked like a Granite. Is this an optional grill or have they changed the Titan grill. looks better as a Granite grill. :SMOKIE-LFT:

I believe its an option, as over the summer I've seen both versions on trucks rolling out of the factory.

Sounds like the ideal job watching the dogs comming out of the factory. I was on a tour there last year and I was wondering where do the the chasises come from that enter the factory. :twothumbsup:

I ask that question at the plant once and was told "Dana".

Bullhead.....Now thats a heavy haul Titan , it looks like a HD truck and has a sleeper for todays standards. WHY CANT MACK SEE WHAT PEOPLE WANT IN A TRUCK THESE DAYS??? there is nothing bad with a small sleeper but just look around. how many small bunks do you see. not many... that mack cab already has all the rear wall provisions for sleepers yet mack ignores what all the other heavy haul truck Mfg seam to be selling. when was the last time you saw a convoy of 100' windmills pulled by day cabs with a 36" bunk??? thats right never!.... And do we think a driver wants to sit in his seat when he has to take a piss while he is waiting for the wind storm to pass? where does he go to relax when he is stuck on the on ramp for 5hrs?

• 2 months later...