Mack or vendor rear ends and suspension?

Probably Axletech (ex. Rockwell / Meritor). I dont think Dana (ex. Clark) is making those types of axles anymore. Sisu axles topped out at 70,000 but I have seem them rated as high as 90,000 on Fabco's site before Marmon-Herrington took over Sisu distribution. Plus Sisu axle hubs mount the European hub pilot rims with the 335mm bolt circle.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally,,,,,,, some competition for paccar.

But don't like the gap under the sleeper,,,,,,,where is (Rob :lol:) going to put his overnight bag while he sleeps on his side with his nose up against the passenger seat.

post-133-0-27670700-1309784952_thumb.jpg

http://www.truckandtrailer.ca/inventorylist.cfm?pageaction=viewitemdetails&intProductID=62357&fromResults=1

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Here's one that has been visiting here in Central New Jersey for the past few weeks. Only the second Titan I have seen here in "the flesh". Sessler Wrecking is out of Waterloo, NY.

-John

I'm not sure if Sessler has more then one Titan, but I saw one up here in Vermont a while back pulling a lowbed. Could be the same one.

Finally,,,,,,, some competition for paccar.

But don't like the gap under the sleeper,,,,,,,where is (Rob :lol:) going to put his overnight bag while he sleeps on his side with his nose up against the passenger seat.

post-133-0-27670700-1309784952_thumb.jpg

http://www.truckandt...7&fromResults=1

I have trouble getting into a 60" walk thru so don't know how I would comprehend that one. The gap doesn't look right at all; unfinished?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Here is a picture with a sleeper skirt. Sleeper was added in the Mod Center.

post-334-0-31600900-1309918374_thumb.jpg

It looks far too much like an aftermarket add on. It doesn't look like it fits the part for such a high end truck. No offense meant as they are probably trying to fit in the marketplace with nothing fully developed as of yet.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It looks far too much like an aftermarket add on. It doesn't look like it fits the part for such a high end truck. No offense meant as they are probably trying to fit in the marketplace with nothing fully developed as of yet.

Rob

I agree on that. If I am going to go for the aftermarket look.,might as well go aftermarket. so far the only big bunk I have seen is aftermarket. Are they doing any big bunks on them? That little 36" has got to go. Hell me and the dog couldn't even fit in that.

Rob

The aftermarket look goes with unpainted fender extensions.

The aftermarket look goes with unpainted fender extensions.

I've never been fond of them since their inception. Look like an inexpensive "add on" from a 4X4 store, or JC Whitney...... I actually don't care for the size of the holes in the aluminum rims either. They need to be larger, or some distinct shape such as a diamond, tempest, or some polygon to be symbolic of the truck.

Not really my place to be a critic cause I'll never do better, but I also have no interest in a new truck.

Rob

Here is a picture with a sleeper skirt. Sleeper was added in the Mod Center.

post-334-0-31600900-1309918374_thumb.jpg

wich one looks like the stepchild

(valva says to mack)

it cant be that hard to put a ch cab on this chassis, here is some nails and 2x4 blocks and a couple hundred bucks, make it work or do without

no offence intended, just the way it appears to me.

post-4852-0-91081800-1309932749_thumb.jp

I agree- KW & Pete will be happy to build you a heavy hauler with your choice of axle position, hood length, sleeper, etc.. After a couple years of complaints all Mack has come up with is a cobbled on short sit in sleeper. No wonder my Volvo stock hasn't risen with the rest of the market!

Wow! They finally added a sleeper to the Titan. The 1st pict looks odd becuase no sid skirts so I thouught to myself I wounder what it would look like with side skirts and wham I look down farther on the post and there is a pict with side skirts and as looking at the pict it does look like a cob job from the pict. But I cant really judge its looks by the pict. I have to see it in person. Is that the same spec sleeper they put on the granite? Or they made a totally new sleeper to fit the titan cab? Also are they goona be coming out with bigger sleepers for the Titan?

Terry E Davis of Johnson City NY

I agree on that. If I am going to go for the aftermarket look.,might as well go aftermarket. so far the only big bunk I have seen is aftermarket. Are they doing any big bunks on them? That little 36" has got to go. Hell me and the dog couldn't even fit in that.

The sleeper on the back of the Titan is a Granite hours of service sleeper.

The sleeper on the back of the Titan is a Granite hours of service sleeper.

I' looking at something along the lines of a 100 to 110" sleeper maybe a hair bigger and around 300" wb. or under just longer then 294" I live in this for 1 to 4 months at a time and let me tell you this 63" bunk,house fridge,me,momma,the dog and everything we can stuff in it has got to go. Really like the titan but not looking forward to having to go to Ict and spending that kind of money for a big house

I' looking at something along the lines of a 100 to 110" sleeper maybe a hair bigger and around 300" wb. or under just longer then 294" I live in this for 1 to 4 months at a time and let me tell you this 63" bunk,house fridge,me,momma,the dog and everything we can stuff in it has got to go. Really like the titan but not looking forward to having to go to Ict and spending that kind of money for a big house

You got a "momma" too? I hope yours treats you better than mine does me.

I get no respect at all.

Rob

You got a "momma" too? I hope yours treats you better than mine does me.

I get no respect at all.

Rob

She has been in the truck for better then 2 years with me. gets interesting from time to time and we doo 99% of our cooking in the truck. When the gen runs we do alot more cooking and have the ac running. Na she treats me good I have no complaints

She has been in the truck for better then 2 years with me. gets interesting from time to time and we doo 99% of our cooking in the truck. When the gen runs we do alot more cooking and have the ac running. Na she treats me good I have no complaints

Yup, no complaints neither. Been through hell and back and still married 33 years now. Never have lived in a truck but we was "trailer trash" for a spell. Didn't need "the boys" no longer after daughter came along 26 years ago, and I've been pretty mellow since.

Rob

The extra gap you see under the cab and the sleeper is because the titans heavy duty dual air cleaner system is located under the cab rather than under the hood. It raises the cab up higher which from the titan i test drove at our local dealer gives a pretty commanding view of the road. I liked looking down at all the little trucks i passed!

As far as the chassis being some sort of stolen cob job stepchild of volvo i have to disagree with that one. last i checked the titan has heavier duty double and triple frame options and heavier crossmembers volvo never had, along with mack only front and rear axles and mack transmissions. Totally unique Mackfront end and cab makes this about as uniquely MACK as anything else. Look at the Australia titan if you want to really see where it came from.

I hear you that a bigger sleeper, and axle and hood options might be nice but dont forget what the titan really is. I dont see it like an over the raod tractor at all with a big sleeper. A titan doesnt compete with a lonestar or most OTR petes. Its meant to be a heavy or severe service specialty hauler or an off road logger or heavy dump where a small sleeper does the trick for most customers, or no sleeper is needed at all. I wouldnt think a couple inch hood length difference would sell more trucks.

IMHO i think a well optioned Titan looks about as good as anything out there and you can get other wheel types if you order them I think. I hope I dont sound preachy but i guess I'm just showing my colors that I love MACKS and am a Titan fan!!!

I hear you that a bigger sleeper, and axle and hood options might be nice but dont forget what the titan really is. I dont see it like an over the raod tractor at all with a big sleeper. A titan doesnt compete with a lonestar or most OTR petes. Its meant to be a heavy or severe service specialty hauler or an off road logger or heavy dump where a small sleeper does the trick for most customers, or no sleeper is needed at all. I wouldnt think a couple inch hood length difference would sell more trucks.

IMHO i think a well optioned Titan looks about as good as anything out there and you can get other wheel types if you order them I think. I hope I dont sound preachy but i guess I'm just showing my colors that I love MACKS and am a Titan fan!!!

But here lies the problem. I can go out and buy a road tractor and turn them over ever 3 years because they can't handle the work. Or go and buy a factory Severe service. Now mind you It may not hold up like a Mack or it might. But if Mack can't build anything close to what I need or want then I have to go elsewhere. While you may not like the look of the big house on a road truck. When you are in this day in and day out with 2 people and a dog it gets close real quick. I like the option of being able to sit in the back looking for loads rather then with the comp on the wheel looking. More then likely I'd get a long wheel base daycab and put a big bunk on it, Or go with a different manufacturer. But it will be full dbl frame with 58k planetary rears with full lock up on 52k Air ride. Maybe even tri drive. What ever I get will be big as I am looking at getting into wind stuff and I do not know how my 46's will hold up even with 2 speed rears.

I like the look of the Titan and would like to get one. But it needs to fit my needs or it will never leave the dealer. There are also more then just local runners looking for a severe truck I just need a sleeper that is bigger then a coffin

Thats what I was getting at , why not have diff level's of the Titan , big heavy hauler and then a mellow OTR option. It would put more Macks on the road and give PACCAR someone to run against.

Most people just think Mack only makes garbage, dump trucks, and local stuff that dont know better, let the Titan have a OTR option .

But here lies the problem. I can go out and buy a road tractor and turn them over ever 3 years because they can't handle the work. Or go and buy a factory Severe service. Now mind you It may not hold up like a Mack or it might. But if Mack can't build anything close to what I need or want then I have to go elsewhere. While you may not like the look of the big house on a road truck. When you are in this day in and day out with 2 people and a dog it gets close real quick. I like the option of being able to sit in the back looking for loads rather then with the comp on the wheel looking. More then likely I'd get a long wheel base daycab and put a big bunk on it, Or go with a different manufacturer. But it will be full dbl frame with 58k planetary rears with full lock up on 52k Air ride. Maybe even tri drive. What ever I get will be big as I am looking at getting into wind stuff and I do not know how my 46's will hold up even with 2 speed rears.

I like the look of the Titan and would like to get one. But it needs to fit my needs or it will never leave the dealer. There are also more then just local runners looking for a severe truck I just need a sleeper that is bigger then a coffin

You say you want all this stuff on the Titan or else if it dont fit you needs you will not buy a Titan. My question to you is what are you running now? And the truck your running now does it has all the stuff you want on the Titan on the truck you running now?????????????Also what other trucks you looking at beside the Titan? Becuase I agree with the other guy in saying the Mack Titan is a Heavy Construction Truck and really not made for a long haul OTR tractor. I am 90% sure yoiu will have to go else were for a truck that you want to your spec . Also how much money you willing to spend on a new truck to your specs? Becuase I think it will be over $200,000 american money for what you want. May upwards of 250 grand. FYI The Titan is I think the most exspensive truck on the market now as we speak.

Terry E Davis of Johnson City

[/quo

Another thing if you want a sleeper like 100" to 110" you will have to go to a sleeper like a ICT,Double Eagle or along that line. There is no factory built that big or a big as you want.I applauade you for wanting the Titan for the looks but for what you want as a factory biult truck Titan Msck I dont think makes it and wont. I am hoping I may be wrong becuase I love the Mack Titan and Mack needs to sell more of them.

Terry E Davis

"