Lucas Oil Additive

oldmacktrucks

Anyone running Lucas additive in there old 2 valves? I was at the parts place and they were trying to get me to buy a gallon of Lucas, I've know these guys for years and I dont think they would steer me wrong, but I was always told never to use any additive other than oil and thats coming from a veteran class A grease monkey (my old man) LOL! Any takes on this? I hear some pro's and cons on the stuff..... :unsure:

Anyone running Lucas additive in there old 2 valves? I was at the parts place and they were trying to get me to buy a gallon of Lucas, I've know these guys for years and I dont think they would steer me wrong, but I was always told never to use any additive other than oil and thats coming from a veteran class A grease monkey (my old man) LOL! Any takes on this? I hear some pro's and cons on the stuff..... :unsure:

Shouldn't need any additives if the engine is sound and maintained well with scheduled maintenance performed routinely.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I will prolly get shot at by somebody else here, but I use it in everything I run, dozer, truck, excavator, blade, and even use it in my pickup. In my pickup, I use the Lucas synthetic additive since pickup runs syntec oil. I use it in rear ends, trans, everthang and all. I LIKE IT!! Seen both pros and cons, like you,,,but,,,I LIKE IT!! I LOVE IT, I WANT SOME MORE OF IT!!! randyp :banana:

I have lived with the ideal that if the oil co could make a better oil they would and you would not have to add a additive.I would and have ued it on a DD i was running for a while that i think wa getting some fuel in the oil at about 15000 miles it would drop 6 psi of oil pressure.I would add a gal of lucas to make up oil and it would bring the pressure on up to normal. I did a couple oil samples and they say ok.But a gal of lucas would bring to oil change on out to 22000 mile. That was with a spiner 11 on it also. But this problem was not a problem of the oil i was using.I dont think the lucas will hurt the engine.

glenn akers

I will prolly get shot at by somebody else here, but I use it in everything I run, dozer, truck, excavator, blade, and even use it in my pickup. In my pickup, I use the Lucas synthetic additive since pickup runs syntec oil. I use it in rear ends, trans, everthang and all. I LIKE IT!! Seen both pros and cons, like you,,,but,,,I LIKE IT!! I LOVE IT, I WANT SOME MORE OF IT!!! randyp :banana:

LOL, its a tough one...I mean I dont think it could hurt...my trucks run good, they have minor blow by but great oil pressure and pleanty of balls. The Detroit 60 series in my White GMC is due for a service, maybe I'll slip some in and see how she reacts. The Mack is getting ready for a 2800 mile trek x country so I was thinking of adding some to her as well...I dunno :unsure:

Is kinda like taking vitamins, not sure they help me, but feel better taking them,,,randyp

Sorta like when "Momma" Double Reverse Bitch Slaps Me? Cause after that, an eight penny nail driven under a toenail with an air gun would feel good.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I gotta'go with Rob on this one (sorry Randy!) i have never heard anything negative about lucas products,and dont believe they will "hurt" the engine,just not a believer in oil additives myself. I have never run any type additives,so i may not be the most qualified to answer,but i get an oil sample every change,or if i notice anything unusual,and have never had a problem running straight oil in the engine,i DO however run synthetics in the trans.and rears,and like the added benefit of cooler temps in both. The only real additive type product i use is Marvel mystery oil (in my high mileage personal vehicle).............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I gotta'go with Rob on this one (sorry Randy!) i have never heard anything negative about lucas products,and dont believe they will "hurt" the engine,just not a believer in oil additives myself. I have never run any type additives,so i may not be the most qualified to answer,but i get an oil sample every change,or if i notice anything unusual,and have never had a problem running straight oil in the engine,i DO however run synthetics in the trans.and rears,and like the added benefit of cooler temps in both. The only real additive type product i use is Marvel mystery oil (in my high mileage personal vehicle).............Mark

Same here...MMM is all I have ever used in anything with a noisy valve train, dry knock etc etc...but thats coming from my old man, we are "old school" when it comes to these newer products. Kinda like motor honey I mean who in the hell would put that stuff in an engine, it takes 35 minutes for it just to pour out of the bottle its so thick!

Any change in oil PSI? I would assume your runnin it the B model....If its runnin in yours should be ok in mine lol! :banana:

So....is this saying you run it in your truck? LOL! Immma little nervous to dump it in the Mack :idunno:

Killer B loves the stuff, Hank the R-model adores it, Im even tempted to try it myself, maybe loosen up the colonoids, be able to sh#t faster. randyp (Dammit Rob, my toe is still hurting)

• Like 1

I do like synthetics for gear cases such as a trans and rears. I also agree on the prolonging of seal life. The facts are established and proven about lower operating temps and this is a large plus in any application. I cannot however justify the cost in an engine. Although modern day engines have a lot less particulate matter to be suspended in the oil than in days gone by, I still am a firm believer in sampling the oil and using it to tell you a history of the engines condition. Oil never loses it basic lubricity quality, but the particulate matter and contamination absorbed as it ages reduces the practicality of continued use. Oil sampling will relay this information to the end user.

Rob

Any change in oil PSI? I would assume your runnin it the B model....If its runnin in yours should be ok in mine lol! :banana:

no change in PSI, I add 1 gallon of lucas at each oil change in place of 1 gallon oil. I do believe it quietened transmission down in R-model. I already knowed they was gonna shoot at me, this subject has surfaced before. I dont believe for one minute it will harm anything. I also like it in planetaries. Now I aint trying to sell it, thas just my pinion,,,randyp :thumb::mack1:

Killer B loves the stuff, Hank the R-model adores it, Im even tempted to try it myself, maybe loosen up the colonoids, be able to sh#t faster. randyp (Dammit Rob, my toe is still hurting)

Dammit boy! you killin me here! LMAO!!! like ta fell outta my chair laughing!........Mark

Think I'm a gonna dump a little down the old detroit and see how she reacts...Lucas or no Lucas this up coming 2800 mile "venture" to Nevada in a 54 mile an hour ten wheeler with a set of 58's in the back...I might need a gallon along with my biscuits and gravy breakfast just to help my insides!!! :chili:

I do like synthetics for gear cases such as a trans and rears. I also agree on the prolonging of seal life. The facts are established and proven about lower operating temps and this is a large plus in any application. I cannot however justify the cost in an engine. Although modern day engines have a lot less particulate matter to be suspended in the oil than in days gone by, I still am a firm believer in sampling the oil and using it to tell you a history of the engines condition. Oil never loses it basic lubricity quality, but the particulate matter and contamination absorbed as it ages reduces the practicality of continued use. Oil sampling will relay this information to the end user.

Rob

Well, I never was a believer in oil sampling, wouldnt matter what I found out doing it, Im a gonna run it till it drops anyway, then fix it or get another one. I wouldnt start tearing an engine down on account of sample, just run it till it spills its guts into the next county. Coal Mine I worked at spent a fortune on an oil sampling program, never paid heed to their samples anyway, ran them anyway, money spent sampling would have went a long way toward new engines anyway,,,,randyp

I might need a gallon along with my biscuits and gravy breakfast just to help my insides!!! :chili:

Don't Do IT!!!! This product is known to the state of California to cause the testicles to swell enormously and hang low. They then easily becoming submerged in anything but a dry toilet when the morning call arrives. This is a genuine discomfort but not compensible under the workmens compensation act.

Rob

• Like 1

Don't Do IT!!!! This product is known to the state of California to cause the testicles to swell enormously and hang low. They then easily becoming submerged in anything but a dry toilet when the morning call arrives. This is a genuine discomfort but not compensible under the workmens compensation act.

Rob

I would like to try it, if it will make mine quit floating in bathtub,,,randyp

heh heh heh,,,may need to come get a sample from you Mark, see ifn you seized anything falling out of chair,,LMAO,,randyp

Well hoss, i did "overheat" a little! was drinking a can of Pepsi when i read "might make you S**T faster",Mrs Vision had to come in here an slap me on the back,was laughing so hard! just struck me funny!.............Mark

Well hoss, i did "overheat" a little! was drinking a can of Pepsi when i read "might make you S**T faster",Mrs Vision had to come in here an slap me on the back,was laughing so hard! just struck me funny!.............Mark

heh heh,,,at my age, a fast sh#t is more than welcome,,randyp