Lucas Oil Additive

oldmacktrucks

I think this engine is just old and it has blowby? the Turbo is old also so it may be comeing thru there as well? I would rebuild it but it has not been on the road for 2 years and It still pulls just fine. What I need to do is pour some Diesel in the crank case and run it for a few min when its hot. Drain the pan and let it sit over night draining. Havent done a oil change in 2 years but it only has 5oo miles on her. It had lots of idle time last year from moving it around the yard...\\

I used to put 1 gal. of ATF (trans fluid) in just before my oil changes,(like the day before) about one or two times a year, on a 290 Cummins that I had years back, when I pulled the pan (had a crack in it) I was gona put a set of inserts in, but the bearings looked new an the inside of the motor looked the same so I let it go! I sold it about a year later an that guy ran it for a long time. An old timer told me about doing that years ago

BULLHUSK

I have been using nothing but Rotella T in the crankcases since 1972. They changed the formula or somthing (adding polymers?) about 10-12 years ago, I am not going to do anything different. I do add a little Marvel Mystry or two cycle oil to the fuel tanks, (gas and diesel).

FW

I'll give you guys an update on the Lucas this week. I'm fixin to pull the pan on my E9 and check the bearings and I have run 2 gallons of Lucas in it with every oil change since it was overhauled. That was 5 years and 386K ago.

Let me know how ya make out, I'm curious! Its in my engine :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am a rookie to the field, but my mentor who has over thirty years at this carries a gallon of Lucas on his service truck. He swears by Lucas products. In fact he added a little of the fuel system treatment to a welder where we work, and in just a few minutes you could hear an improvement! I now keep more many of there products on my service truck. Lucas is good stuff.

I have used Lucas in the crankcase of the CX almost since the beginning. Last summer upped the dose to 2 gallons only because oil pressure is starting to drop. Did the rods & mains at 650,000 now getting close to overhaul time at 1,170,000. I tried a different additive (MOTORKOTE) a while back, ran it for a week with low oil pressure and sporadic engine brake, got home and drained out 2 gallons & topped off with Lucas, back to normal. I buy Lucas by the case from a jobber at a good discount, no need to pay truckstop price. I run Lucas hub oil in the steers and trailer, no issues ever with seals or bearings. Trans and rears get a gallon of Lucas each change, all 3 gears original never been touched.

I was using the fuel additive for added lubricity,(more important now with ULSD) but switched to HOWE's only due to cost. If you do the math for the recommended dosage, Howe's is much cheaper with the same results. Howe's also gives the cold weather protection, where Lucas does not. No need to seasonally change my formula.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I was told that standard and synthetic oils dont mix well. I try to keep it one or the other....

Isnt "synthetic blend oil" just a mix of standard and synthetic oil? Not an oil expert by any means but that is what I it is.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.