Another Great Mack Day

How to spend a Saturday...good friends, good food, great trucks! A few friends and myself went to pick up my A-50 on Saturday morning down in MD. I made a deal to buy the A-50T during the week of the Baltimore ATHS show, and finally got down to get it. Lou Barber (tow truck owner) and his dad Lou, and Tom Zacney and I followed in the pick-up. We drove and hour, stopped for breakfast, drove another hour and hooked her up, spent and an hour BSing and headed back. A fresh battery, a gas can, some starting fluid, some tinkering and we drove it into the garage. Lunch from the deli, more BS and down to Philly to move a Brockway for another trip. Nothing like a 12 hour day with old trucks! Life is great, and this is one crazy hobby.

post-41-1165204222_thumb.jpg

Very nice, looks alot like my A-40T. Do you plan on restoring her? I'm on the fence with mine, on one hand I'd love to restore it and have a unique old mack. On the other hand I'd really like to find a 10 wheel B61 tractor with a good quad box in her. Just dont have the time or the money for either at the moment :pat:

My plan is to restore all my trucks, but that doesn't mean it'll happen! Like a good friend of mine said, if we didn't have trucks waiting for resto, we wouldn't have anything to look forward to. Your A-40 looks pretty darn good, I have an A-40 also, with a rigging bed and winch on it, and an A-30 rigging truck as well. Now I guess I have to get an A-20 to complete the set. I have B-models, but my favorite is the A, it just has such a great look. Here's a picture of my EMU and A-40

What the heck, here's the A-30...and a B-61SX

and a neat bit of trivia, the A-30 and A-40 a both 1952 model year. When I got the paperwork from Mack, they were delivered on the same day, June 30, 1952. The 30 to Newark, NJ and the 40 to Trenton, NJ. They're twins!

post-41-1165453900_thumb.jpg

post-41-1165454407_thumb.jpg