Simplification Of The Word "peterbilt":

Rob

Man o man! i give you flatbedders a lot of credit! i'll be dam if i'd be out puttin on them dam tarps, chains ,straps! believe me,my job aint easy,but no way in hell would i want to "F" with a flatbed! LOL!.............Mark

i went on one trip with a reffer,it would be a daily struggle to not beat someone to death...

i would rather tarp in a snowstorm, than put up with the people around that industry

Most of the people i deal with are pretty decent,its the "big box" stores i dont like going to,Home depot,Lowes always some kind of BS! i agree though,my dad pulled a reefer all his life,i tried it for a while,hated it! i never had anybody refuse furniture cause it had some brown spots on it! its no wonder why food costs so much with all the shit that goes on in the food/grocery business!....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

i went on one trip with a reffer,it would be a daily struggle to not beat someone to death...

i would rather tarp in a snowstorm, than put up with the people around that industry

You got that right! I've unloaded at grocery warehouses before with a dry van,never a pleasant experience.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I think the worst people to deal with are meat packers. They will tell you to open your doors, back up to the dock, and start your refer unit. Then they lock on to your DOT bumper so you can't go anywhere and leave you sitting there all day running on your fuel while they are waiting for cows to come in the other end of the plant.

You got that right! I've unloaded at grocery warehouses before with a dry van,never a pleasant experience.

I backhauled a load of groceries out of Buffalo,NY to Salisbury,NC (food lion) not too long ago, 22 pallets (all the same product) arrived at midnight before the day of delivery,for a 6am appt.,got backed into a door at 1:00pm, had to use a "lumper" service,cost (to Clark transfer $250.00) restacked onto smaller pallets,1 box short,1 box damaged,ended up leaving at approx 9PM that night! food warehouses are a damn nightmare! and they wonder why you get pissed off!......Mark

I backhauled a load of groceries out of Buffalo,NY to Salisbury,NC (food lion) not too long ago, 22 pallets (all the same product) arrived at midnight before the day of delivery,for a 6am appt.,got backed into a door at 1:00pm, had to use a "lumper" service,cost (to Clark transfer $250.00) restacked onto smaller pallets,1 box short,1 box damaged,ended up leaving at approx 9PM that night! food warehouses are a damn nightmare! and they wonder why you get pissed off!......Mark

Last one I went to was in Salem...think it's Kroger,and they charged $300 for the lumper service.

I unloaded a flatbed load in Cincinnati this morning,reloaded a flatbed load in Aurora,In. both tarped loads,and i've been back home over an hour.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Last one I went to was in Salem...think it's Kroger,and they charged $300 for the lumper service.

I unloaded a flatbed load in Cincinnati this morning,reloaded a flatbed load in Aurora,In. both tarped loads,and i've been back home over an hour.

My load/trip out to dallas/ft.worth got postponed,i'm going to move a show trailer from Charleston,SC up to NYC later this week.........