Air Pressure Load Gauge For Air Ride

I just came across a 2 inch air pressure gauge that reads up to 55,000 pounds and says all you do is tee it off the existing rear air ride line. I have 44,000 rears with air ride and with the 3600 gal tank pure water would be around 30,000 pounds at 8.33lb per gallon but I pump septic which contains alot of solid matter so Im sure it weighs more so I was thinking about installing one of these gauges just to watch it since no scales are close. Is it that simple just tap the rear air supply and the gauge changes with the weight?? Also what are the bags rated for on the rear? Thanks Will

that is all you have to do is tee into the air bag line and run it to your gauge. we run gauges on all af our trucks and it will give you a pretty good idea of what your weight is. You need to weigh it with a load and see what the guage is reading then you will Know.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you are hauling liquid loads, weight distribution will not fluctuate from load to load, therefore I would say load it up, take the truck to a certified scale, and see what the gauge reading is with a legal load.

Once you know what the gauge reads with a legal load, any reading at or below that point should be legal.

To answer your other question, the gauge will read the weight on the tandems only, since there are no air bags on the steer axle.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I have an air guage in my company truck and the guage reads the weight that is on the tractor tandems only.

I gross about 65k with a 53' van trailer. The guage will read around 25-30. The gauge moves when the truck is shifting, stopping, starting etc...dont worry its normal.

with no trailer I want to say the guage reads around 7k???

Empty I am reading 14k and when I get a good load around 3000 gal its 39k but its not fully loaded. The rears are 40k and not 44k like I listed earlier. I havnt found a scale locally yet but I will keep looking. I know when I load sludge on the truck it will be over weight. I never worried about it in my f-750 rated at 32k gvw but with the air ride it bothers me about being so close to weight limit or even over.