What Else Do You Do To Drain Your Wallet

Lmackattack

Man,that's some nice radios and equipment there! I used to run A 150 Texas Star and a Cobra 25,best talking radio I ever had.Now I just run a 29 that's been peaked up a little bit,but no fire in the wire.I can probably hear you talking up here in Va,but don't worry,I can't get back to 'ya!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

ya all mine are peaked & tuned also a buddy of mine who is like a dad to me who drove for my granddad taught me bout radio when i was about 11yrs old & my 1st radio was a Cobra 19 that he bought fer me i put in a 225 Cat trackhoe that a ran on the weekends fer my granddad & the other guys liked it cuz that was before horns on equipment ;)

it gets to be an expensive hobby ;)

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I have an 86 Blazer, got a little 305 in her now but i want to put a 4 cylendar cummins in it. 4 speed trans, 4 inches of lift, headers and side pipes. She runs pretty good but i would still like to do that swap. I think i'd like to put a pto on it and run an air compressor of the pto. That would be pretty cool to do also

I also ride dirtbikes, and im an aspiring mechanic so i have a lot of tools to buy.

post-733-1179884617_thumb.jpg

:SMOKIE-LFT:

In order:

house payment

meds

gasoline

utilities

more gasoline

insurance

food

even more gasoline

shop supplies

parts for:

1945 Mack :chili:

1962 Chevy one ton

1980 Datsun

1957 GMC 100

1980 chevy Citation

1966 Pontiac Catalina

Coming home soon:

1957 GMC 350 dump truck

1960 GMC 370 ten wheeler (probably parts truck,but maybe not???)

various power tools

:pat: a little more gasoline...

:SMOKIE-RT:

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

:SMOKIE-LFT:

In order:

house payment

meds

gasoline

utilities

more gasoline

insurance

food

even more gasoline

shop supplies

parts for:

1945 Mack :chili:

1962 Chevy one ton

1980 Datsun

1957 GMC 100

1980 chevy Citation

1966 Pontiac Catalina

Coming home soon:

1957 GMC 350 dump truck

1960 GMC 370 ten wheeler (probably parts truck,but maybe not???)

various power tools

:pat: a little more gasoline...

:SMOKIE-RT:

Speed

• 4 weeks later...

This PC has been draining my wallet lately-I didn't have a local dial up no.here and my unlimited long distance plan was not supposed to be used for business purposes or internet connection,but of course I was doing it-didn't know I wasn't supposed to until EMBARQ said they were going to cut off my long distance.I called them to get a new plan,so I could still get online,and the best they could do was 10 cents A minute for internet use.When I saw A Hughesnet commercial on TV I called them and told them to come on over.It cost $399.99 up front,then $59.99 A month.Pretty expensive,but way cheaper than the 10 cents A minute the phone co.was charging me.When the man came to install it he said my PC was so old and slow,and the something or other was too small,that I really needed A new one to see any benefit from the Hughes system.I'd been wanting A new one anyway,so I went and got A new Compac with Windows Vista Home Premium.I don't have A clue what that actually means,but it sounds more impressive than my old Windows 98. $698.00,plus tax. Then I call the Hughes guy back,and then he told me my payment covered 25' of trench to bury the cable,anything over 25' would be $2.00 and something A foot.So I asked him where he wanted the trench,and dug it myself to save A few bucks.The pole they put the dish on was $125-I thought maybe it was gold,but it looks like a piece of galvanized steel tubing-and it cost $75 more dollars for them to go in the crawl space to run the cable.But it's all up and running now,and works great! Got my phone bill yesterday-$275!

In the spring I maple sugar. Almost as bad a trucking , need a million to make a hundred. The rest of the year I have 2 daughters that take up most of my time and money, oops got that backwards, money and time. But they're worth it.

I also collect guns! I just got a Bushmaster M4 Carbine and I have a Taurus .44 mag and a Ruger M77 7mm rifle on the way! Guns are an EXPENSIVE hobby, but still nothing to restoring Macks! LOL

post-2-1182686982_thumb.jpg

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I also collect guns! I just got a Bushmaster M4 Carbine and I have a Taurus .44 mag and a Ruger M77 7mm rifle on the way! Guns are an EXPENSIVE hobby, but still nothing to restoring Macks! LOL

If i've ever done anything to anger you,i'm so sorry!

my hobbies that drain my wallet is hunting & fishing mostly but also include my other hobby which is C.B. 's

I have 3 a Connex330H.P Rebel face w/ noise toys , color changing L.E.D. Light & bigger boards & restistors & set up for fire in the wire & a texas star 660

A 25 Cobra w/ weatherband w/ connex bords & resistors no fire in wire

A 29 Cobra w/ Connex Boards , resistors & set up for fire in the wire w/ a 350 Silver eagle

later yall

:mack1:

I used to be into CB's. Friend growing up had a nice Cobra 139 wired up with VFO, turner side kick mic, Varmint 850 linear, Moonraker 4 beams. We used to talk everywhere on that thing all night long. I still have my 70's Realistic Navaho base(slightly warmed up) which just died a couple weeks ago. Too expensive to fix so I need to find something new for the house. Got a couple Unidens in other vehicles that are warmed over(20-40 watts). Picked up an old Realistic "phone" style CB for the B model. It's warmed over too(running about 45 watts), and with the headset I figure I might be able to actually HEAR what someone is saying :rolleyes: (plus back in the day I though they were cool cause only rich people had car phones-back in the late 70's).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1969 GTO Judge, bought the car in 1979 for $200, [ now insured for $65,000] , my first car, still in high school. Ram Air III, 4 spd., I have all the original wheels, motor, trans, and posi rear. Even the carb. is original.

post-147-1182994230_thumb.jpg

post-147-1182994358_thumb.jpg

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

• 1 month later...