What A Time It Was... What A Time It Is!

HI Y'all,

Say thank you to ISO 9001. This is why dealers are not stocking the inventory of parts anymore. So years from now there won't be any type of NOS parts sitting around on the shelves.

Scott

Interesting you mention that. Same thing I was saying almost 20 years ago when it was starting out mainstream. This "just in time" inventory will kill us that use/maintain older equipment.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 4 months later...

What A time it was!! Merry Christmas everyone!!..What A time it is!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! Some things ya just don't F@%K with

Merry Christmas to all you guys an gals out there!!

Ernie DS and Family (including Macks an Brockways).....The F-Liners are to young to understand Christmas!!LOL

Same to you Ernie,and best wishes for a safe and happy new year!.................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a truck, well what kind of power ya want up front? Mack, Cummins Detroit, Cat, AC maybe?? What A Time It Was!! Really... No DEF, no fancy mufflers,...NO NOTHIN!!!!

What A Time It Is!!!... No more Cat, No more Mack (it's Volvo) AC Oh Well!! Thank GOD we still got Cummins an Detroit USA !! I went to dinner tonight with an old friend of mine that worked for Detroit Diesel when Penski owned it back in the 80's an 90's, he was my sales person as well as my PSR guy. So we talked about the trucking stuff and all the other stuff..AH SHIT!! now I Know even more why I want Newt to be Pres (he wants to do away with the DEP)

BULLHUSK

Ya know guys, I Sarted this post a while back cause when I was a kid in the early 60's I hung around with my Dad an his brouthers (he had 11 of them & 2 sisters yeah! 15 kids!) Well my uncle Frank had the landfill in No Arlington NJ back in 60's and I used to get up @4.30 am to go to my cousin Pat's to meet him on a Sat. Morning to go to the dump with him, (about 12 or 13 years old) I did that just to get a chance to drive a TD24 or a TD14 International Bullbozer..Crazy Right!!.. I also hunk around the the trucking terminals that my other uncles worked at, as well as the trucking garages that my dad and my uncles worked at!. I have always loved trucks and heavy equipment!! So as a kid.. I had a GREAT GREAT childhood!! mostly around trucks! So I think about those times often with great pride!! And the memories, well those memories........ for me as a KID and I will never forget them!!... So.................. What A Time It Was!!

Thanks for listen, BULLHUSK

I know just what you mean Ernie! grew up the same way,been aroung trucks all my life,back in the days when you could tell what engine was in a truck just by hearing it! just too much BS in trucking anymore damn new laws,rules,regs. etc........geez,when i was a kid,remember standing on a loading dock with my dad an a BUNCH of other drivers,i was maybe 8-9 years old.dad says "go ahead an pull it up,an shut the doors" HOLY SHIT!!!! thought i was given the keys to the kingdom! even remember dad looking at a NEW Brockway cabover,Vineland, was NJ was the factory hub in our area back then,.building is still standing,used to be a BIG husky on the sign out front,prolly someone stole it....................those were the days!....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 2 months later...

Price of gas goes over 4 bucks a gl!! Pres Bush orders all bans on drilling to be lifted, price goes under 2 bucks over night.. what a time it was! Yesterday Obama goes on TV and takes credit for all the drilling that Bush an even Clinton started!!,, The simple fact is that no more drilling is being done on Gov. land cause of his crew!! and the price of fuel is still on the rise!! What a time it is!!

Price of gas goes over 4 bucks a gl!! Pres Bush orders all bans on drilling to be lifted, price goes under 2 bucks over night.. what a time it was! Yesterday Obama goes on TV and takes credit for all the drilling that Bush an even Clinton started!!,, The simple fact is that no more drilling is being done on Gov. land cause of his crew!! and the price of fuel is still on the rise!! What a time it is!!

No drilling, no coal mining, no nuclear, no Hydro, a new 12.7% tax on fossil fuels which includes pellets, corn cob fuel and fire wood....all by his grand plan to make us energy independent in his words. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

No drilling, no coal mining, no nuclear, no Hydro, a new 12.7% tax on fossil fuels which includes pellets, corn cob fuel and fire wood....all by his grand plan to make us energy independent in his words. Paul

AND when the hell are these union's gonna stop endorsing this GUY??? I send back all of my Teamster Obama stuff and mark it Return Postage Paid!! .... Don't get any of that anymore... AF of L Teamster's Coal Miners all in the tank for this guy!! I just don't get it??

BULLHUSK

Is this for sure or just in the works?

This is part of the EPA energy proposal to pay for "alternate" energy development. Generally if the EPA wants it the EPA orders it. So far it has been blocked. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

A good friend of mine owns a small mineral/mining company here in mid-missouri and the old Christy Minerals plant in St. Louis. He just sued in Federal Court the Obama administration over the requirement that business owners will have to provide birth control/abortion in their health plans. I think this is the first suit brought by a private employer so far.

He knows that now the black helicopters, IRS, and worst of all for him, the EPA are going to come calling.

AND when the hell are these union's gonna stop endorsing this GUY??? I send back all of my Teamster Obama stuff and mark it Return Postage Paid!! .... Don't get any of that anymore... AF of L Teamster's Coal Miners all in the tank for this guy!! I just don't get it??

BULLHUSK

That's one that has me baffled. I doubt that the majority of the members of those unions will vote for him though, at least the ones that can think for themselves.

Jim

That's one that has me baffled. I doubt that the majority of the members of those unions will vote for him though, at least the ones that can think for themselves.

I just have to laugh when I see Hoffa JR. on TV rantin about about Bush and the Rep. party, and how the Dem's are our saving grace... Let me see now........ Was it not the Kennedy's that brought down his father?? Last time I checked they are Democrats no?? And I just love to hear the Rev. Al Sharpton on his view of the Republican party ( Oh by the way GOP the party of Lincoln) did anyone tell this lamebrain who now works for MSNBC that if it wasn't for the Rep. party back in the 60's that Pres LBJ's Civil rights act would never have come to be, because most of the dem. party was against it!! Look I am not very edgee-me- kated man and I am a high school drop out, but when these folks get on TV and start tellin us stories I sort of go and look em up...And guess what!!! most of the time they are tellin us all lies and bulls#%!!.

BULLHUSK

Look I am not very edgee-me- kated man and I am a high school drop out, but when these folks get on TV and start tellin us stories I sort of go and look em up...And guess what!!! most of the time they are tellin us all lies and bulls#%!!.

I completed High School but at our age it's irrelevant since I'm sure that you (like myself) have made it this far by paying attention to life's lessons. I too have become a "looker-upper" since the early days of the internet and I'm surprised at some of the crap these people try to sell us when it's so easy to call them on it. The down side is that voting has become more difficult because I know so much about each candidate that I can't stand any of them.

Jim

• 2 months later...

Going with my Dad on the weekend's back in the 1960's up into the Pa. coal region to work on some of his customers truck's, they were mostly all Mack's and Brock's!! My Dad was a Wiz on gas motors, and there were a lot of them still around back then and some of the diesel mechanic's would get stumped with distributor timing and plug's, point's, wires and stuff like that!..... Well my point is that the Pennsylvania coal region was a bustling industry back then, with coal jockys and big dozers and loaders all over the place!! We would stop for lunch at the bars and he would have a couple of beer's and a sandwich (I would always get a fountain soda mixed with syrup an seltzer) don't see that anymore! that sandwich could feed 3 people!! I would talk to the coal miners and listen to them tell me stories of there working in the mines and some of them telling stories from the (old country)!!! everyone was makin a little money and everyone was nice !! What a time it was!!!

Well last week I was at the Freightliner dealer in Pa. with my Brock 361 dump truck, some older gentleman pulls up in a pick up truck and starts lookin at the 361. So just as I get ready to leave the man started to tell me about the Brockway's and Mack's and even the K-series International's that he would (coal jocky with) drive back in the day!! So I asked him how life was treating him? Well at 86 he was running for parts and stuff for a local guy in the area and just keeping busy. I went on to tell him about how I remembered the Pa. coal days as a kid....Well I could not beleave what he told me about Pa and Wv.coal ind. He told me that most coal miners are outa work!!! are you kidding me!! He told me that in the last 3 years have not been kind to the coal Ind in Pa or Wv. He told me that the people up state are havin a tough time and but are still nice, and that the new gas drilling has helped, but that most of the permits that were delt out a few years ago are all just about done and that the new guys in Washington want to stop the hyd fracking, soooo no new permits!!! I don't know if things are as bad as he said they are, but I'm sure some of you guys on the site that live up in that area would know?

What a Time it Is !!!

BULLHUSK

Coal is a four letter word for the tree huggers.

Nat. gas is where it's at now.

There are new concerns about fracking

New oil drilling is still questionable

back in the day, people were happy making a couple bucks. Now, I want more, and more, for less

Less effort, less personal liability, less responsibility

People won't admit they screwed up. They will sue the manufacturer, distributor, retail outfit that sold it, the paper boy(if they have one),...........

Don't be a dumbass and put a hot cup of coffee in your lap. I have to stop before I punch the computer.

Then cut my hand and sue Gateway for not putting a warning about broken glass.....

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Simple terms. Coal, Natural Gas, Oil, Wood, Hydro-electric and Nuclear are all enemies of the President, EPA,DEC and the Sierra Club. Windmills, Solar and Unicorns are the answers to the energy needs for them...

P.T.CHESHIRE

Oblamea said they could build coal fired plants if they wanted to but, he would bankrupt them. They are currently taking power plants offline as it becomes increasingly more costly to upgrade them. Wait until those people get their power bills as futures are increasing as much as sixteen fold in places like Ohio.

Going with my Dad on the weekend's back in the 1960's up into the Pa. coal region to work on some of his customers truck's, they were mostly all Mack's and Brock's!! My Dad was a Wiz on gas motors, and there were a lot of them still around back then and some of the diesel mechanic's would get stumped with distributor timing and plug's, point's, wires and stuff like that!..... Well my point is that the Pennsylvania coal region was a bustling industry back then, with coal jockys and big dozers and loaders all over the place!! We would stop for lunch at the bars and he would have a couple of beer's and a sandwich (I would always get a fountain soda mixed with syrup an seltzer) don't see that anymore! that sandwich could feed 3 people!! I would talk to the coal miners and listen to them tell me stories of there working in the mines and some of them telling stories from the (old country)!!! everyone was makin a little money and everyone was nice !! What a time it was!!!

Well last week I was at the Freightliner dealer in Pa. with my Brock 361 dump truck, some older gentleman pulls up in a pick up truck and starts lookin at the 361. So just as I get ready to leave the man started to tell me about the Brockway's and Mack's and even the K-series International's that he would (coal jocky with) drive back in the day!! So I asked him how life was treating him? Well at 86 he was running for parts and stuff for a local guy in the area and just keeping busy. I went on to tell him about how I remembered the Pa. coal days as a kid....Well I could not beleave what he told me about Pa and Wv.coal ind. He told me that most coal miners are outa work!!! are you kidding me!! He told me that in the last 3 years have not been kind to the coal Ind in Pa or Wv. He told me that the people up state are havin a tough time and but are still nice, and that the new gas drilling has helped, but that most of the permits that were delt out a few years ago are all just about done and that the new guys in Washington want to stop the hyd fracking, soooo no new permits!!! I don't know if things are as bad as he said they are, but I'm sure some of you guys on the site that live up in that area would know?

What a Time it Is !!!

BULLHUSK

Well lets all hope that in Nov. 2012 we could post this....

OBAMA HIT'S THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE!!! AND WE HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT

WHAT A VERY GOOD TIME IT IS !!!!!!!

BULLHUSK