Hypothetically Speaking....

RowdyRebel

Hey, wait a minute.....that doesn't look like any hypothetical crack I've ever seen.

It took a hypothetical thought process to cause the crack. Prior to this thought, it did not exist.

It is like this: Hey doc, it hurts when I do this.

Doctors diagnosis: Don't do that.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey, wait a minute.....that doesn't look like any hypothetical crack I've ever seen.

It was only hypothetical until I started tearing things apart and found it....kinda like if ya can't see it, it don't exist. Anyway, now that I'm fixing it, it is as real as real gets. I'd better get back to work on it, though, if I'm going to get it fixed and put back together today. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

OK...I'm thinking I need to buy a generator. Either that or replace the 15A breakers with 20A, because this is getting tedious. I can only weld about 3/4" at a time before the breaker pops and I have to quit and reset the breaker, chip off the slag, brush it up to get it cleaned up again, and continue welding. :pat: I used to pop the breaker when I was building the trailer for my brother, but only when welding the 3/8" on the tongue...and even then, it wasn't as often that the breaker popped. Even then, though, I didn't have the welder cranked up as high as I do now, though...'bout half way through my second pass now...prolly gonna take one more, then grind it smooth and start puttin'er back together. :banana:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

OK...I'm thinking I need to buy a generator. Either that or replace the 15A breakers with 20A, because this is getting tedious. I can only weld about 3/4" at a time before the breaker pops and I have to quit and reset the breaker, chip off the slag, brush it up to get it cleaned up again, and continue welding. :pat: I used to pop the breaker when I was building the trailer for my brother, but only when welding the 3/8" on the tongue...and even then, it wasn't as often that the breaker popped. Even then, though, I didn't have the welder cranked up as high as I do now, though...'bout half way through my second pass now...prolly gonna take one more, then grind it smooth and start puttin'er back together. :banana:

If your supply is fused with a 15 ampere circuit breaker and you replace with a 20 ampere, then continue to pull the same load as before, you stand a very good chance of needing to find another place to live as charred remains are not too accomodating.

You need at least a 30 ampere service with most 110VAC input supplied welders, and up to 100 ampere service for many welding machines that are either 240, or three phase.

You are asking for more that the circuit was designed to accomodate.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If your supply is fused with a 15 ampere circuit breaker and you replace with a 20 ampere, then continue to pull the same load as before, you stand a very good chance of needing to find another place to live as charred remains are not too accomodating.

You need at least a 30 ampere service with most 110VAC input supplied welders, and up to 100 ampere service for many welding machines that are either 240, or three phase.

You are asking for more that the circuit was designed to accomodate.

Rob

I've got 200 amp service to the house...just 15 amp breakers in the box at the outlets I tend to use the welder in....and it's only a 110v welder. Book said it should be plugged into a 20 amp breaker, so that's what I figger I'd need to not get it to trip.

Can't wait to get my shop built...gonna have that wired up for what I need. B)

Anyway, it's all welded & ground smooth. I even welded a new nub on top to hold the spring seat, since the one that was on there was broke (and I lost it when the wire wheel on the grinder flung it across the garage while I was TRYING to clean it up :pat:

Anyway, once the primer has a chance to set up, gonna put a coat or two of paint on there...let that set for a bit and start reassembling it. Yeah, it SHOULD have been painted last night so it'd have a chance to get good 'n dry, but I ain't got time for that so I gotta work with what I've got.

Grabbing a quick snack and back outside I go.

I've got 200 amp service to the house...just 15 amp breakers in the box at the outlets I tend to use the welder in....and it's only a 110v welder. Book said it should be plugged into a 20 amp breaker, so that's what I figger I'd need to not get it to trip.

Can't wait to get my shop built...gonna have that wired up for what I need. B)

Anyway, it's all welded & ground smooth. I even welded a new nub on top to hold the spring seat, since the one that was on there was broke (and I lost it when the wire wheel on the grinder flung it across the garage while I was TRYING to clean it up :pat:

Anyway, once the primer has a chance to set up, gonna put a coat or two of paint on there...let that set for a bit and start reassembling it. Yeah, it SHOULD have been painted last night so it'd have a chance to get good 'n dry, but I ain't got time for that so I gotta work with what I've got.

Grabbing a quick snack and back outside I go.

If the wire feeding from the breaker to the wall receptacle is anything smaller than 12AWG, don't fuse it with a 20 ampere breaker. If the house is wired with 14AWG, do not go about 15amperes for that circuit.

Rob

Cracked because he's got peeterbilt wheels on it... :pat:

If u start lollygagging and slowing down, will send grandson up with mini gun and ample ammo, he can probably catch you in a bent, concentrating moment and put new life in you,,,,Master Test Dummy and occasional engineer,,randy

Since this whole thread was "hypothetical", i guess you busted your ass this weekend. Hypothetically speaking.

Looks good, should have kept going with the paint.

Again, another nomination for Redneck Engineering

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Since this whole thread was "hypothetical", i guess you busted your ass this weekend. Hypothetically speaking.

Looks good, should have kept going with the paint.

Again, another nomination for Redneck Engineering

HatCity,

I was not going to say or think that about Rowdy. I will say he has Lightning speed about him, IF he did the whole job by himself. That means the pooch did not help either. Hypo speaking.

mike

HatCity,

I was not going to say or think that about Rowdy. I will say he has Lightning speed about him, IF he did the whole job by himself. That means the pooch did not help either. Hypo speaking.

mike

Dog prolly wizzed on Rowdy's leg when he was under the truck. Rowdy thought it was just the rear end oil is full

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

HatCity,

mike

Actually, I spent more time slacking off than I did working :pat: If I'd have started first thing in the morning on Saturday and/or (instead of sleeping in both days) and not been on the computer most of the day (both days) I might have got it done in 1/2 a day instead of 2.

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's procrastination. If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done 'round here. :blink:

Procrastination is like masturbation...all you end up doing is screwing yourself...

Yup...no argument there. Haven't slept in 2 days, and it ain't looking good for tonight, either. Gotta leave out to get loaded in 5 hours and still messing around trying to figure out how to get the ride height adjusted properly :pat:

That's entirely too early...or late.

Course when it comes time for titties and beer it's quite alright.

Ain't no thing. I don't mind...gets me home with daylight to spare to get things done around the house.

Sleep is overrated anyway. My life has been one huge experiment in sleep deprivation. :tease: