I was wondering wheather Mack made a vinyl dye "simigloss paint" to refinish a R-model dash that the finish is worn through on. Or to paint an old tan dash to match the newer style Mack interior. Also I thought someone told me that you can't buy new interior parts for R-models is that true or not?? :idunno:

Thanks,

Scott

Mack sells a spray can that matches the silver or tan paint used in the R models. I sprayed my vinal dash and inside the cab with it and it is holding up pretty good so far?

I had trouble getting interior parts for my R model. I even tried using a a vin number from a 4 year old R model. I thought it may have just been my mack dealer not wanting to help but I did try another dealer and got the same answers?? :idunno:

let me know what you find

Interior parts are getting harder to find, but we can still get them from time to time...usually silver gray, but sometimes beige is still available...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I have another question. Does Mack make the black textured vinyl in a roll, for the part of the dash with the gauges and swithches? And how much do the cans of spray paint cost from Mack for your dash? That doesn't make much sense that you can't get new interior parts for a R-model cab when they just stopped making them just a few years ago.

Scott

I have another question. Does Mack make the black textured vinyl in a roll, for the part of the dash with the gauges and swithches? And how much do the cans of spray paint cost from Mack for your dash? That doesn't make much sense that you can't get new interior parts for a R-model cab when they just stopped making them just a few years ago.

Scott

Scott the cans were pretty cheep $5-$7 dollars if I remember correctly. i think 2 cans did the dash and interior cab steel.

I have not found the meterial used for the panel faces. I ended up getting some panels out of a parts truck that was in fair condition. It does seam odd that you cant get interior parts for the truck when it was discontinued a few years back. I tried looking up parts for a few year old R,RB,DM, etc... had no luck will all those vin numbers? I even tried for the R model ledgend and had no luck.

Trent

• 8 months later...
Scott the cans were pretty cheep $5-$7 dollars if I remember correctly. i think 2 cans did the dash and interior cab steel.

I have not found the meterial used for the panel faces. I ended up getting some panels out of a parts truck that was in fair condition. It does seam odd that you cant get interior parts for the truck when it was discontinued a few years back. I tried looking up parts for a few year old R,RB,DM, etc... had no luck will all those vin numbers? I even tried for the R model ledgend and had no luck.

Trent

860-570-7080 try this dealer i just ordered all new mack dash panels for both my superliners in black. ask for don or dave.

Edited by Superdog1986
user posted image