Lazy E9

BAD DOG

:SMOKIE-RT: I HAVE A 92 MH613 WITH A 450 E9 V8 . IT HAS THE NEWER STYLE BOSCH P7100 SERIES INJECTION PUMP. IT SEEMS A LITTLE BIT LAZY FOR WHAT IT IS. I THINK IT HAS BEEN CUT BACK FOR THE EMISSION STANDARDS HERE IN ONTARIO. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A SIMPLE WAY I CAN TURN UP THE HORSEPOWER ?

yeah ..take the aneroid off and scribe a line at the foward end of the fuel plate marking its position, then slide the fuel plate forward a little tiny bit ( you can experimnet with it full forward etc), then bolt the aneroid back on. Thats how we do it on the dodges with that pump and I bet you can do the same on a e9 if it has p7100 style pump. you will see a big improvement in power. you can see the fuel plate here http://www.cumminsdatabase.com/read.php?id=182

this explains it a little better

http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/more_power/power_p7100.htm

I hope this helps and You need egt gauges and boost gauges to mess with any of this ..and write down your base line so you can return to stock when you want to.

Later

Deo

Keep on keeping on...

• 3 weeks later...
:SMOKIE-LFT: I SEE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT WHEN I LOOKED AT THE PICTURES ON THE WEBSITE THE PUMPS LOOK VERY SIMILAR TO MINE. MY PUMP JUST HAS 2 MORE CYLINDERS ON IT. I HAVE A FRIEND NEAR HOME THAT HAS PLAYED AROUND WITH HIS DODGE AND IS PUTTING AROUND THE 700 HP OUT OF IT. HE ALSO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SWITCHING THE DELIVERY VALVES IN MINE , BUT FIRST I THINK WE MAY TRY A FUEL SYSTEM FLUSH ON IT SINCE IT SAT FOR 5 YEARS BEFORE I GOT IT LAST SUMMER. I ALSO OVERHAULED THIS ENGINE LAST FALL AND ONLY HAVE ABOUT 15 TO 18 THOUSAND MILES ON IT SINCE. MAYBE IT'S JUST TIGHT YET. ANY WAY I THINK I 'LL PROBBABLY TRY YOUR ADVICE WITH THE FUEL PLATE AFTER I PUT A FEW MORE MILES ON IT. THANKS FOR THE TIPS I"LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT WHEN I GET AROUND TO DOING IT.