Mack Terrapro Featured On Tv’S Sliced

Mack on TV again.

"If you want to get a real inside look at a Mack TerraPro, tune in to the History Channel’s new program, Sliced, on Thursday, May 27, 2010, at 10 p.m. Eastern.

Each week, the show’s hosts use a variety of tools to slice objects apart, layer by layer, and explore how they work. On the May 27 episode, they take on an EPA 2010 emissions-equipped TerraPro that Republic Services has been testing for the past 12 months. Republic is among the top waste collection companies in the U.S. with operations in 40 states, and one of Mack’s largest customers.

The show focuses on Mack’s clean diesel technology, the Mack ClearTech SCR system, and the fact that today’s trucks “are not belching black smoke like 20 years ago,” said Curtis Dorwart, Mack marketing product manager. He was on the Boston-area set during the filming to represent the Mack brand and advise the show’s staff on what and where to slice. Joining him were representatives from Republic and Heil Environmental, which manufactured the truck body.

“The timing of the show’s filming worked perfectly for all of us, because this truck was ready to come out of field service and would have been recycled for secondary use anyway,” Curtis said. “We expected the cutting to be more surgical in nature, but what happened was more of a ‘Monster Garage’ approach. I think it will be entertaining and informative.”

On previous episodes of the show, the hosts have sliced objects ranging from an Etch-A-Sketch to an armored van. If you miss the May 27 show, you can catch a repeat on Monday, May 31."

Watching it now , cant beleive they cut up a (2010) Mack TerraPro. The host said it was just off a route when it was cut up. I can see why they thought it was more "Monster Garage" with using hevy equipment. -

Forgot to say thanks for the heads up also. I had to pause it cuse my wife wanted to watch TV , ill have to finish later. Im looking forward to hearing Mack talk about the truck .

Okay what the hell was that?

Destroy a new truck for what appeared to be more entertainment than education.

Plus the cable company improperly labeled the programming guide so I only recorded half of the show.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

saw the show and if you ask me what I thought of it....It gave off the impression that they took a cheepo truck and cut it apart knowing it was cheep junk in the first place. look it can lift 8000lbs but not 10,000lbs.... lets see what this POS is made of now as we cut it apart. We all have seen Monster garage and myth busters, they dont bring in a 2010 new cadillac and cut it up, that would cost to much. besides why would cadillac want their new pride and joy shown in a distructive matter? Instead they get a junk car and turn it into something "cool".

With all the shows on TV its sad that a volvo/Mack rep thinks that takeing a new garbage truck and cutting it up making it look like shit will bring in more sales. This is beyond me? Is it not better to show that their new truck / engine will beat a cat powered pete out of muddy dump site or up a steep hill in the off road? show that the truck can be dressed up with some chrome? I think that this show gave more of a discrace to the Mack name than "wow this truck is something to talk about".

just my .02

I guess tilting the cab doesn't make for good TV so "hero" cut the cab in half to get to the hydraulic lines. I think they could have easily used a older CCC , Volvo , GMC/White and done the same thing and gotton the same effect with viewers.

I think my TV might have stopped recording after he took the truck for a joy ride , did I miss anything and did they talk about Mack trucks at all? -

I think my TV might have stopped recording after he took the truck for a joy ride , did I miss anything and did they talk about Mack trucks at all? -

No. He mentioned mack one or two times and it was about the mack engines exhaust system. Again a little back lash to the mack name "look how dirty this engines exhaust and soot is.... but that ok this filter here fixes that before it leaves the tail pipe, thats why you dont see the truck belching smoke"

Job well done Mack...... :clap:

saw the show and if you ask me what I thought of it....It gave off the impression that they took a cheepo truck and cut it apart knowing it was cheep junk in the first place. look it can lift 8000lbs but not 10,000lbs.... lets see what this POS is made of now as we cut it apart. We all have seen Monster garage and myth busters, they dont bring in a 2010 new cadillac and cut it up, that would cost to much. besides why would cadillac want their new pride and joy shown in a distructive matter? Instead they get a junk car and turn it into something "cool".

With all the shows on TV its sad that a volvo/Mack rep thinks that takeing a new garbage truck and cutting it up making it look like shit will bring in more sales. This is beyond me? Is it not better to show that their new truck / engine will beat a cat powered pete out of muddy dump site or up a steep hill in the off road? show that the truck can be dressed up with some chrome? I think that this show gave more of a discrace to the Mack name than "wow this truck is something to talk about".

just my .02

Hi, it was dissapointing to see that truck being cut up because I personally worked on it in Hagerstown when it was new. But this truck would have been dismantled anyway. It was a prototype that was finishing up with our field testing. So the only parts on this that have been worth keeping in the long run are the refuse body, frame, axles, transmission, and the cab body. Maybe since it would have been parted out anyway at least got Mack some publicity. The good news is the truck made the customer happy and they are buying more :) :) :)

that is good news. What erks me is that I always hear people say the best truck for garbage hauling is Mack as they are built like Garbage. while I disagree I Kinda feeds fuel to that fire. The Mack Name needs help. Its lost out on the highways and lousing ground in the fields. Heck I cant find any flashy parts for a CH ,vision etc...mack at a chrome shop that are specific to mack. I just wish they would have promoted the name more rather than cutting it up with a big CAT

I agree, yes Mack's name was said twice during the episode. It could have been a CCC and noone would have noticed by just saying the name a few times. Maybe im wrong but I dont see anyone who watched Sliced running out and buying a new Mack just from that. I hope it really did more good than bad like the rest of us. What might have helped was informing the public about the exaust but they have those on RD's,CX's, and other makes/brands also.The truck made the customer happy already, even if it was'nt ripped up on TV.

I got lucky at the TA truck stop the other day, I found Mack quarter fender mud flaps(not high quality but nice) that I bought and some mud flap weights like in my picture.