Sign in to follow this  
WattsMack

Watt's Mack Restoration Project

Finally, after all these years, we decided to start a resto project of our own! Here are some photos of a B61 Tandem Axle that we just bought and towed home from Massachusetts. It's in decent shape, solid sheet metal and runs like a champ! I'm gonna try to keep a detailed log as we start the resto.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=1&do=view_album&album=886

Finally, after all these years, we decided to start a resto project of our own! Here are some photos of a B61 Tandem Axle that we just bought and towed home from Massachusetts. It's in decent shape, solid sheet metal and runs like a champ! I'm gonna try to keep a detailed log as we start the resto.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=1&do=view_album&album=886

Great ideer, I know it'll be a show stopper when it's finished!..and yeah, it looks pretty good now.

Barry, that looks like a really nice start! Extra cab too.

We'll be keeping an eye on the progress!

Barry,

Where is the EE dump truck that used to set outback of the shop. It had a nice white cab with it and yes I tried to purchase it years ago with no luck. LOL... Put that one on the list for #2.

Brent

Barry,

Tell Jim, "If you need any parts, I know a guy."

HeHe

Doug

It'll be great to watch this project as it moves along. :SMOKIE-LFT:

We just need a few more techs so we can free a guy up! LOL

Anyone need a job? Diesel truck mechanic experience is the only requirement!

Barry, that looks to be a good start! sheetmetal looks good from what i can see,looks to be a good solid truck! will be interested to see the progress......mark

Looks like a good project :thumb: what's the specs on the truck Barry?

later yall

:mack1:

:SMOKIE-LFT: Looks like there's alot of potential, it appears to be pretty solid.

Looks like a good project :thumb: what's the specs on the truck Barry?

later yall

:mack1:

We are waiting for the line sheet from the Museum but I know it is a 62 B-61 with 38K tandem rears, END673 motor and Duplex tranny.