Cab Location Again.

If I can add to this.

R700s could sit as tall as a standard 600 or they could be slightly higher with the use of diffrent mounts to get the cab higher off the frame. Most of the 700s I see sit at the same hight of a 600. The mid-late 70s RS/RL have diffrent hoods so dont look at them for measurements.Consider if you want an air to air intercooler in front of the radiator. you will need about 3" to fit the intercooler so plan on moving the rad back a little. you will need to bend the gear levers to fit in the cab and the cab floor will need the holes for the sticks under the dash closer to the fire wall. If you want air cab suspension. secure the radiator to the frame with steel rods to hold it steady. dont use the old style "x" brace.

sounds like you have your hands full!!!

Trent

All three of my 700 have enough clearance to run 5" exhaust on top of the frame and under the cab due to the mountings. Both of the RL's are run this way. The R-12 has a winch headrack that would be in the way of the exhaust so it runs downward on the outside of the rt. frame rail. It then curves horizontal behind the fuel tank, the turns vertical behind the tank.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If I can add to this.

R700s could sit as tall as a standard 600 or they could be slightly higher with the use of diffrent mounts to get the cab higher off the frame. Most of the 700s I see sit at the same hight of a 600. The mid-late 70s RS/RL have diffrent hoods so dont look at them for measurements.Consider if you want an air to air intercooler in front of the radiator. you will need about 3" to fit the intercooler so plan on moving the rad back a little. you will need to bend the gear levers to fit in the cab and the cab floor will need the holes for the sticks under the dash closer to the fire wall. If you want air cab suspension. secure the radiator to the frame with steel rods to hold it steady. dont use the old style "x" brace.

sounds like you have your hands full!!!

Trent

Hi, hands are to full, i have run exhaust out side, then under chassis and back in, how ever that may change yet?? I have little room below chassis cross member and drive shaft to get a bend on the Y section and have it not bang and clunk, I am having another play tomorrow.

Grant